Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I'm starting to get a little concerned.

okay first off let me say I've had my stagescape mIxer for about a year and a half with no issues whatsoever, I can't say enough good things about this Little wonder board.. But with all these people On here having issue upon issue I'm wondering if I'm going to be hit with the next plague.. I'm just a little concerned...I'm also a little worried that line 6 is going to dump this thing and I'm going to be sitting here with nothing more then a memory..no software updates, a loss of tech support ect ect....does anybody else in here feel the same as I do, or am I stressing over nothing.

I hear ya brother.

I have been posting the exact same thing on their Facebook page too. And on the idea page.

It would be a real shame if they decided to end it here. It would also be the last thing I would ever buy from line 6.

I hope they come back with some updates and support for this unit soon.

Well, honestly it would be a pretty stupid move to "DROP" the StageScape line unless there was some kind of licensing issue involved, expired borrowed-tech etc or something...

As we see other companies jumping on this like Mackie with their iPad (even supports iphones seems) mixer and now QSC TouchMix 8 and QSC TouchMix 16 and Behringer X32 etc you can see why it would be stupid to drop it, its a GROWING SEGMENT/Product-line! and I can tell you I've talked to some very nice and intelligent guys over at Line6 and I'm SURE they don't want to abandon StageScape, but now that they are owned by YAMAHA they may be at the mercy of the BIG 'MA, ..HaHa... :(

But seriously, perhaps we should all call up Yamaha and start bothering them and making it clear we want them to dump 'more' resources into Line6 and StageScape and not take away. I love Yamaha products also, and truth be told I was happy to hear Yamaha bought Line6 since I assumed Quality Assurance would only increase and products would get even better warranties. I think Yamaha makes great gear for great prices.

I should mention my opinion on Mackie's iPad mixer, I love that it supports more than just iPAD, seems it can be on phones also, and its great that you can LIMIT other users and what they can access etc on their device. Would also be great to support Android, if they open up an SDK I will be at it, they don't even have to create the app, there's plenty Android developers, and we will be glad to develop the app if they give a little hand by just providing SDK or API.

I also think future stagescape's should KEEP with the idea that the mixer should be operable completely WITHOUT an iPAD, unlike the Mackie etc that doesn't have a dedicted screen and requires an ipad. I've not looked at the Behringer much, seems expensive, at least for now, but the QSC has an UGLY UGLY interface! Wow the StageScape is like Apple/iPhone/iPad or Tron compared to PC-DOS (ie the QSC TouchMix).

Really hope StageScape II or YamahaStage/YamaScape or whatever is under development :) In the meantime a new firmware update wouldn't hurt!

people generally only post whenever they have some kind of problem, so its a pretty distorted picture if you only look at that side of it.

I guess if you should get a more correct picture of things, you would have to somehow get the total amount of M20D mixers sold Worldwide and subtract the number of people with problems/broken hardware from this board and FB board. 

you would then end up with a more correct picture to decide if Theres any causes to worry about. :)

I would have to agree, it is a little lopsided due to people seeking for solutions vs us satisfied customers that are out there happily mixing music with their M20d...I guess my point is that I hope line 6 keeps striving to keep this board cutting edge..in my humble opinion this is a great Mixer that puts a smile on my face everytime I use it at rehearsal or during a gig.

couldnt agree more. I absolute love this piece of gear :). I really enjoy that even if you are setting up the band from scratch, the preset setups for the different kinds of voices and instruments sounds absolutely great.

I must admit that I too have had some concerns about this mixer, seeing all the posts about errors with it here. but its all gone the second i boot my mixer ;)

Honestly I have had pretty much worry free usage of this mixer the only thing that has ever happened to me is that error sometimes when you turn it on and it does not load Fully and you just switch it back off and back on and it usually is fixed. only on maybe two or three instances have I had to reboot it more than once.

And about firmware updates correct me if I am wrong but when the unit originally came out wasn't it sometime in this part of the year where the 1.1 firmware came out? And last years 1.20 came out around the same time last year maybe we will be seeing another update soon. seems like a year in between each

@Racereese you should NOT worry and just enjoy your m20d stagescape, if its worked great for you so far it most likely will continue to work great, most of the issues you hear of on here showed up pretty quick, so if anything was wrong you'd have seen it by now. On the other hand, I do agree with you that it would be "wonderful' if Line6 would give some concrete 'confirmation' that they're working on future incarnations of the StageScape and/or new firmwares for the current one. Even Apple and other big manufacturers, as secretive as they like to be, even they HINT of new devices when competitors are on their heels so that customers remain loyal and don't go buying a Samsung Galaxy right away because it just came out. In the same way LINE6 should take heed and try to keep people from jumping on the new TouchMix by giving some hint of something new coming from them in the near future. Without this, many people are going to assume there isn't anything in the works. I REALLY hope that the StageScape II is under development and honestly @jaminj, the v1.1 update i don't think did much, was more like final patches/fixes but the v1.2 firmware DID add some nice things like faders, but there's LOTS more they could do, so most here would love to see more firmware updates soon or maybe a new StageScape II :) Come on take our money! Give us YamaLine StageScape II!

I think i'll call line6 and hammer them daily:) Ya know when I first heard about the qsc i did a little digging around and yes it has a few advantages That would be usefull to me, like more aux sends. but overall the m20d was still a way better machine for MY needs.....come on line6, thrill us m20d lovers with some sweet NEWS.

• 2 weeks later...

okay first off let me say I've had my stagescape mIxer for about a year and a half with no issues whatsoever, I can't say enough good things about this Little wonder board.. But with all these people On here having issue upon issue I'm wondering if I'm going to be hit with the next plague.. I'm just a little concerned...I'm also a little worried that line 6 is going to dump this thing and I'm going to be sitting here with nothing more then a memory..no software updates, a loss of tech support ect ect....does anybody else in here feel the same as I do, or am I stressing over nothing.

I have been a big supporter of Line 6 M20D and the speakers. Have 2 L3s's, 2 L3t's, and 3 L2m's. Love them. Had an M20D for almost 2 years maybe and it was flawless. So have the speakers been. No complaints. But with no updates in a year, and no talk of it, and also having "maxed out" the board capacity more than not in the end, I sold it and picked up one of the new rack units that have come out. A few companies have them now, and they are as small and light, and even more powerful. I love it. And it sounds great through the speakers. But I do miss the L6 link technology. Two things will happen. Either the M20D is done (but still great for a small band), or they will soon "wow" us. I hope not the latter now that mine is gone!