Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV Price Drop

Line 6 just emailed me to advertise the "Lowest JTV Price Ever"; is that just the rebate, or a price drop too?

For example, Sweetwater is advertising the price as $850; but that's "after the rebate"; when you add the item to the 'cart' it shows as $999. They are noting a Line6 'savings' of $400.. I guess the prices were around $1200 to $1500 previously?

JTV rebate

Line 6 just emailed me to advertise the "Lowest JTV Price Ever"; is that just the rebate, or a price drop too?

For example, Sweetwater is advertising the price as $850; but that's "after the rebate"; when you add the item to the 'cart' it shows as $999. They are noting a Line6 'savings' of $400.. I guess the prices were around $1200 to $1500 previously?

JTV rebate

I truly love this time of year, lol. As is always the case, the concept of the "sale" really means the following:

"Now we're going to sell you this item for what it's actually worth"...but I digress.

As far as I know, the list price has always been $1400, with the possible exception of the 89F, which I think may have been priced a little higher. Regardless, Sweetwater has been selling many of the JTVs, especially the 69's, for $900-$1000 for some time now. Thats what I paid for mine, just about this time last year. Some were scratch n dent models, others probably just older stock that they wanted to move. So at the end of the day, this promotion appears to be just a $150 rebate.

$850 is no doubt a good price, just not quite the legendary savings its made out to be.

Yeah, Sweetwater pysched me out with that pricing! I was thinking it was $850 - $150 = $600, but alas, not so. The price on that black JTV69 looks about right; funny how the less popular colors / finishes get the bigger markdown - same guitar, same models, same piezo's.. Too funny.

I'll through some props at Sweetwater for a great deal on a dent and scratch JTV-59. Just got a nice black one for $799., which brings it down to $649. after the Line 6 mail-in rebate. And I am still looking for a dent or a scratch. But you need to look at the pictures on the Swetwater website carefully. I saw one with a nice gouge on the top. So, be patient, take your time and look at the pics and you can wind up with a sweet deal!

I saw this posted on TGP alluding to Sweetwater buying up the remaining stock of JTV's.  Kind of seems like a disco of current models if true.  Hopefully leading up to something new around the corner rather than a move away from the technology.  Of course this is just from a forum post, so who knows what the truth is.

I love my JTV59 and JTV69.  I think a part of me would be nervous if they did come out with "new models".  I've managed to keep GAS at bay since picking up the JTV69 a year ago.  I doubt I could keep it back if new JTV's came out :)

Really makes me curious....

"Geez, for a total of $650? That's awesome. If I wasn't jonesing for another guitar that runs for $699 I'd be all over that.

About 5 months ago Sweetwater bought out the remaining stock of JTVs (non-USA-made, obviously) from Line6 (according to them). Other places still have stock on hand too.

From day 1, I wanted a Goldtop JTV-59. Of course they weren't ever available till the JTV-59p, which I was drooling over. Once I realized that essentially there would be no more, and the only remaining NEW JTV-59Ps were already with the dealers, and that what they had was what they had, I knew I had to move on one.

MF, Music123 and some others were all selling goldtop JTV-59ps on eBay only (go to their site and they showed they had zero stock), and the price was $1500. Sweetwater was blowing them out at $999. They had only 1 left advertised on their site. It was a "demo"/blem/open box for $899. I got more pics from them of the "blemishes" (I really can't see them IRL w/o a magnifying glass - no joke).

Lets see... Last one left on the planet unless I wanted used, or to pay FULL price with no pics, etc. and $899. I did not happen to have $900 saved up and I was re-financing my house, but when I found out about Sweetwater's 3 monthly installments same as cash, I knew that I had enough to swing that no problem, and there wouldn't be any "store credit card required" that would screw my credit.

So I snagged one at that price and it's a great guitar. Great playing and sounding in it's own right, and the Variax just makes it all that much better."