Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500 4cm With Midi Switching?

harw00d

Hi guys,

Basically I want to use my HD500 with the 4CM and have it change channels on my amp (via midi PGM) automatically when I change patches.

At the moment I have FS5-8 set as ABCD for patch switching, and FS1-4 set to send midi PGM changes for the channels on each of my patches.

I have tried setting midi commands for FS5-8 but these are ignored as they are set to ABCD.

As far as i am aware my amp does not have a midi learn function.

Is it possible to have A send a midi command as soon as I switch to it without me having to press one of FS1-4?

TIA.

If your amp doesn't have MIDI capabilities you need a MIDI controller box for your guitar amp.

I don't have one, but I have googled and something like the Voodoo Lab Control Switcher might work.

I read the manual of the Control Switcher, seems it has got a matrix where you can advice for each Midi channel up to 4 different amp channels.

So finally you should be able to send MIDI data from you POD HD500 to this Midi controller box (FS1-FS4 in ABCD mode), and the box will adress between the max. 4 amp channels.

To be sure please ask another one who knows more about it, but it's a hint.

http://www.voodoolab.com/controlswitcher.htm

My amp does have midi, which is why i can send PGM changes from fs1-4

It is a midi 'learn' function which it does not have

At the moment I have FS5-8 set as ABCD for patch switching, and FS1-4 set to send midi PGM changes for the channels on each of my patches.

As far as i am aware my amp does not have a midi learn function.

• Upvote 1

Oh, now I see. In "ABCD" mode FS5 - switch becomes "A" - switch. When you hold the MOVE button for a while, you can assign a Midi Contoller to FS5, but not to "A".
Take a look at the manual page B5: "USING POD HD500 as a MIDI Controller device".

" Note that footswitches FS5 - FS8 will only transmit your configured MIDI assignments when
their Setup option is set to the FS5 - FS8 “Pedalboard Mode†"

In ABCD mode you must control Midi Sends over FS1-4, so you cannot switch to another preset and send a Midi command at the same time. Instead of changing a preset you can only turn on/off effects. This will always need 2 kicks.
Example: FS1 = Clean amp channel; FS2 = Crunch amp channel; FS3 = chorus + delay on/off. Practice: FS1+FS3; FS2+FS3.

But there is no advantage. You can also change the preset over ABCD and then change the amp channel over FS1-FS4  or vs.

I don't want to make you buy an additional device, but maybe this one can help:

MM5 Advanced Programmable MIDI Foot Controller

http://www.philrees.co.uk/products/footctrl.htm

It seems like with this device you can program Midi command sequences that will be all executed with just one single kick at once, e.g. one Midi command to change preset on HD500 and one Midi command to change the amp channel.

I've already read the handbook and experimented myself.

You can send midi when in ABCD mode as each patch, when switched to will send a pgm change.so 1A will send PGM001, 1B will send PGM002 etc. This can not be altered.

If your amp has midi and a midi learn function, you can teach it what the midi PGM is for each patch and in turn control amp channels.

I had a Bugera TRIREC but its gone now.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I just got a TriRec Delivered yesterday and I love the sound. I also run an HD500. I want to channel switch with the HD500 and maybe kick in the boost (A - channel 1, B - channel 2, C- channel 3, D - Boost) and maybe leave the reverb fully on/off and effects loops always on.

Were you able to control the TriRec witht he HD500? What parameters were you able to control? How?

Any and all advice welcomed!

Thanks!!!!

I've already read the handbook and experimented myself.

You can send midi when in ABCD mode as each patch, when switched to will send a pgm change.so 1A will send PGM001, 1B will send PGM002 etc. This can not be altered.

If your amp has midi and a midi learn function, you can teach it what the midi PGM is for each patch and in turn control amp channels.

I had a Bugera TRIREC but its gone now.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a jvm 210 and am using the four cable method but I cannot get this to work in will change channels in one direction but not back  any suggestions