Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Please delete

GonzaU2

• 1 month later...

Sure you can, and there are different ways to create a dual-amp set-up: 

- connect the L and R outputs of the POD to the guitar in of each amp

- use the pre-amp of one of the amps within the FX loop of the POD and then connect the L and R outputs of the PODs to the FX return of the amps

- use the build-in pre-amps of the PODs and connect the L and R outputs of the PODs to the FX return of the amps

It all depends on how you want to use your amps and POD and whether you have an FX loop on your amps

good luck!

• Upvote 1

Hello everybody! Have been using my HD500 for a few years now, still in love with it. I run it as a pedalboard with a combo Orange Crush 35LDX. I don't use any emulation amps on the HD, and I have everything set in mono. I just plug my guitar into the HD500 and then plug the combo through the unbalanced jack output (either left or right).

I use different amps all the time.

When starting to make a patch with a blank or new tone as soon as you insert a noise gate at the beginning of the chain it turns into stereo patch. Check it out, try it without it and then insert it. You'll do yourself a favor by learning about the chain and effects and how they interact together. Somewhere in this forum is good info on it. I'll try to dig it up.

HD500 Routing Thread

Stereo & Mono effects list is on this page

Model Gallery PDF

• Upvote 2

not to spoil the parade but, your current amp is fine for practicing at home but will not work with a band situation.  Just too small and a 10" speaker won't cut it.  Unfortunately I don't think it will work well with another amp either.  You probably won't be able to hear it unless it is cranked too high for its own good.  

Seriously, think about getting a second amp that will work well for your situation all by itself.  At least 20-25 watts (tube) or 75-100 (SS) and a 12" speaker, preferably with a FX loop and ability to add a second cab output  I know you are just using the effects and that's fine but as you progress, leave room to explore all the other tonal options the POD amp sims give you, especially through the FX return of a good tube amp.  

Then again, if you just give it a chance the POD can really shine through the PA and monitors by itself and save you a boatload of cash and trouble carting it around...

not to spoil the parade but, your current amp is fine for practicing at home but will not work with a band situation.  Just too small and a 10" speaker won't cut it.  Unfortunately I don't think it will work well with another amp either.  You probably won't be able to hear it unless it is cranked too high for its own good. 

Great Point radatats. I don't think I have as much experience as you do when it comes to gigging and amps. I like the sounds I get from the Spider III 75 and Spider Jam. I prefer the sound of at minimum a 75w ss or 50w tube the best. For fooling around with friends and family I'll try anything though, LOL.

• Upvote 1