Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Diving back into the "modelling" world... using the JCM800 patch.

PeterJH

Hi everyone,

It’s been a long time since I was here. I used to visit here when I used my POD 2. I still have it but have now acquired an HD500X. I’ve had it for about a week and couldn’t wait to try out my favourite amp – the JCM800.

I created a few patches using this amp sim and decided to hear what it would sound like in a recording. I put this track together and recorded two gtr parts (double tracked) to hear how well they “gell†in a mix.

I’m quite impressed. I loved the JCM800 in the old POD 2 but I think that it’s now come of age. It did require a little bit of tweaking to get there but I think that the result speaks for itself.

If you’re interested in hearing the track the link is:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12966277

Cheers,

Peter.

• Upvote 2

Great job Peter... impressive. So close to the sound I have tried to get. Looking forward to get the hands on the patch or a post with your settings. Have a hd pro, not an x and not a 500... hope I don't run into dsp limit. The rest is just routing, I hope:-)

Please drop a line here when in custom tone (think the search function is still shaky). Think more then I looking forward to this patch...

Thanks

/Per

Thanks Radatats,

My aim with the patch was to try and get rid of that "nasal" frequency in the HD500 without resorting to an outboard eq.

It's so easy to remove the annoying frequency with an ourboard eq - not so easy with the POD eq.

I've been working on the patch a bit more and I think I've got closer to the tone that I want.

Cheers.

Thanks, bjnette,

I used to own two of these amps - the 100 watt and the 50 watt. They really are not high gain amps so your description is pretty spot on. Bues rock.

I have "improved" the tone a bit more and will upload the new patch sometime today.

Cheers,

Peter.

Whenever I double track I normally use exactly the same tone for both tracks. It's not really the different tones that gives you the fatness - it's the slight little timing differences in your playing that creates the "bigger" sound.

That's why just copying and pasting the same track twice doesn't make any difference except make the track louder.

I don't pan the gtrs hard left and right either. It's normally about 70 - 80% left and right.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

• Upvote 1