Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cannot Save Amp&cab Parameters

mickat

Well,the problem is in the Pod HD Editor

I make some changes e.g. sag,bias etc then i 'm saving the sound and when i load it again all the parameters in "Amp" and "Cab" are back in noon

Does anyone experience the same problem???

Are you "sending" it to the POD HD after making changes?

If i save it by the Pod and in the Pod everything is perfect.When i save it by the Editor in a folder on my e.g. desktop and then try to load the sound from there these parameters are back in noon

If i save it by the Pod and in the Pod everything is perfect.When i save it by the Editor in a folder on my e.g. desktop and then try to load the sound from there these parameters are back in noon

I haven't noticed this, but I will try to duplicate this tonight or tomorrow.

If you send it to the POD HD then save it to your folder it still reverts back?

• 2 weeks later...

Something similar is happening to me.  Running a POD HD Pro 2.1 and Edit 2.21.0 in online mode.

I downloaded an HD500 dual-amp tone: http://line6.com/customtone/tone/208866, sent it through jzab's HD500 -> HD Pro converter.  I opened the tone in HD Edit, and even though it sounded great, the amp parameters (master, sag, hum, bias, bias x) were zeroed.

I used my mouse to pull one of the amp masters from zero to 100%, then back to zero.  As I did this, the tone became louder and more saturated until I hit 100%, and then less intense as I dialed it down -- and by the time I hit zero the tone sounded completely wrong.  Through trial and error I was able to determine that the author of the tone had the master set to ~50% when he saved and uploaded the tone.

What worked was to re-open the downloaded tone, send it to the POD, and then receive it from the POD.  The amp parameters popped to the tone author's settings.  I could now perform all operations on the amp parameters and they would behave normally.

So in my case maybe jzab's converter did something odd with the tone and maybe not.  But the symptoms were close enough to yours that I wanted to share my story.

• 4 months later...

Yup I have the same problem. Amp and Cab parameters are not being stored when uploading tones to the customtone page. When I upload I usually download it to check if everything sounds the same. Well I've noticed for a while it doesn't. I finally figured out what's going on. The amp and cab parameters aren't being transferred from the original tone. They all go back to 50% with the exception of the master which will sometimes be 100%. Is there some internal setting that I need to change on my PODHD desktop to allow the settings to transfer? 

Line6 hasn't got back with me yet either. Sometimes they suck. I mean at least a "we don't know, we're working on it" would be nice.