Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is POD HD Pro programming compatible with POD HD Pro X

professormaher

I work on a West End show with several productions around the world. All sounds for both guitar chairs have been programmed for the POD HD Pro. Is that programming compatible with the POD HD Pro X? And if so, will it sound the same, or is the architecture and processor such that it would sound different?

Try opening the HD ProX Edit program and drag/drop the HD Pro preset(s) from your computer into any preset slot in the editor. Then SEND the selected preset(s) to the POD HD ProX device.

Of course, you will need to have previously saved the HD Pro presets to your computer using HD Pro Edit.

Thanks for the answers. I'm curious to know whether anyone has real world experience doing this, rather than theoretical. I only ask as I'm getting conflicting advice. When the Pro X was released Line 6 told me explicitly that programming from the Pro was NOT compatible. Some dealers are now saying otherwise. When I called Line 6 yesterday they said they didn't know, and that they would find out and call me back. I've heard nothing further. So forgive me for being cautious. But has anyone done this in a working situation successfully? Many thanks. 

Last evening I used the conversion program Zap suggested to convert from HD500 presets to use on an HD Desktop. Worked fine.

Going from an HDx to a HD might cause problems only because the HDx has more DSP headroom and would pass the limit that the HD (non X) has on some patches. But going from an HD to HDx should present no issues.

-Bill