Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 editor

Hi All

Recently bought a used Pod 2.0. Just got a USB/Midi cable and downloaded Line 6 Edit and Monkey. Trouble is Pod 2.0 doesn't show as an option on software. I have downloaded latest versions. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

• Downvote 1

Hey There,

It could be you need to reverse the midi connections to the Pod (in to out and out to in is the standard but sometimes in to in and out to out works)). But first, connect everything fire up L6E and go to the config option (its not in front of me but the option is at the top under one of the menus) and select the midi/usb as the "ins and outs".

Which midi/usb cable did you buy? If it is the cheap $5 -bay special 9/10 you will get connection issues. The MAudio Uno works well.

-B

Hi B

Many thanks for reply.

It wasn't a cheap cable (£10) Only bought because it got good reviews on Amazon whereas the MAudio didn't.

Its not showing up in both the midi boxes, tried swapping the cables, re-installing Line 6 and Java but still no good

the secret to the m-audio uno is the drivers... if you don't get the correct drivers from the m-audio site... it will likely perform the same as the cheaper models.. (meaning this is probably where the bad reviews come in)

the uno is a great investment because you most likely will find other uses for it over time.

Hi All

Returned the cheaper usb/midi and got the M Audio, downloaded drivers all fine except that after I downloaded Line 6 Edit,it wont open, just shows the line 6

logo then nothing.

I`m running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Is there a specific Line 6 edit to download?

Thanks in advance

also be sure to notice the common mislabeling on the midi connections... meaning rather than midi in, they are labeled "to midi in" which means they are the opposite of what you think... since its always in to out or out to in... never in in or out out

Thanks for replies

Got the M Audio working fine with correct driver

Its the Line 6 Edit that's the problem, downloaded every version knowing that some were not right

but when I try and run it all I get is the Line 6 logo then nothing, but it did open when I had the cheaper cable,just wouldn't recognise pod, probably just a coincidence

Line 6 Monkey recognises it OK

Going to ring Line 6 in the UK tomorrow if I cant sort it

Just got back from an open mic/jam session so off to bed

For S and Grins try reversing the Midi connections. For some odd reason I have to go "in to in and out to out" with the M-Audio I have. It works this way with the R-Tron, D-Tech and Zoom stuff I have too.

I am still running XP 32-bit so I can't give any Win7  pointers. Hope it works out!

-B

Hey All

Thanks for replies, much appreciated. Just looking forward to sorting it out.  What I don't understand is that Line 6 edit opened when pod was plugged in with

cheapo usb but wont with m audio. Also wondering - the usb light on the m audio cable is flashing slowly but brighlyand the in and out lights are lit but not bright

is this normal?

The Uno's lights will only flash when data is being transferred. IIRC there is only one light on when idle.

Did you try reversing the connections? In to In Out to Out.

MD5 is a checksum used for data checking to make sure its all good. Hmmm re DL and reinstall?

When I used the cheapo midi/usb it would connect but the errors came when trying to do the data transfers. On some equipment it wouldn't even do that.

-B

WHOOO HOOO!!!

Finally got it working. Deleted all Java and reinstalled 32 bit and 64 bit. Deleted all Line 6 and reinstalled again, expected the worst but surprise-surprise

Line 6 Edit works!!!!!  

Phoned Line 6 this morning but they still couldn't come up with a solution so decided to have another go

Thanks for all help, much appreciated