Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dt50 Topographies And The Hd500

BluesPlayer76

Hi folks-

My apologies - I KNOW This has to be covered somewhere else but i can't find it so I'm going to ask here -

I use HD500 and line6 connection into my DT50. 

1) How can I tell which amp model (I use no cab model as it was recommended, but I'm not sure I agree with) is turning on which topography with what setttings (A/B Pentode, etc)?  This must be documented somewhere.

2) How can I *change* it?  Some amp models are way too soft and no amount of channel or drive maninipulation will bring it on par with say the Plexi settings.  (The Solo-100 series has great tone but is too soft - I have to reach for the master volum and crank it 10%).

Thanks

-S

The DT50 will show exactly which settings are applied currently, and you can change them to whatever you want using the switches on the DT50.  It will then remember that setting with the patch.  I'm not sure where to tell you to look If you want a list of the default settings for each amp.

As for the cabinet models, leaving them off is just a good place to start.  You already have a guitar cabinet in the DT50, so an additional cabinet model isn't necessarily needed.  You might like it with them on though.

• 1 month later...

because the amp's they are trying to emulate have different cabs etc... no one size fits all.

Yeah, I just discovered that about my DT50. Seems a bit weird to me. You're going into a cabinet, so why the cabinet models? 

Hey Uber Guru -

So when I choose an amp model, and it automatically picks a cab model to go with it, I should leave it that way?  The documentation recommends to turn cabinet modeling off for the DT50.

It does make a significant change in the sound.  But to get the "standalone" DT50 sounds, the cabinet modeling should be left on?

yes, if you are trying to get the standalone sound you will need to have cabs on.

Hey Uber Guru -

So when I choose an amp model, and it automatically picks a cab model to go with it, I should leave it that way?  The documentation recommends to turn cabinet modeling off for the DT50.

It does make a significant change in the sound.  But to get the "standalone" DT50 sounds, the cabinet modeling should be left on?