Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cannot install v3 firmware upgrade on PODxt version 1.01

I purchased a PODxt used from a music store this week. I was able to successfully register it at line6.com after making an account there. Per instructions I found on the site to upgrade the firmware, I downloaded and installed Line 6 Monkey on my Windows 7 SP1 computer. After I installed the drivers for the PODxt Monkey was able to see it. As you can see from the attached screen shot, Drivers, USB Firmware, Line 6 License Manager and Line 6 Monkey are installed with the latest versions. But Flash Memory has a question mark and the Update Selection button is grayed out. I also ran License Manager and authorized the PODxt and my computer.

Since the goal of all this was to upgrade the Flash Memory (firmware) to version 3.01 I'm pretty frustrated and would appreciate any help. Since I play guitar and bass I was very interested to read that if you have version 3.01 you can install the Bass Expansion Model Pack. I will probably do that later as it is $99. I only paid $99.99 for the PODxt so will take some time to get used to the basic functions with guitar before moving on to bass.

Thanks,

Don

I know I'm a beginner here but since the screen shot shows that Monkey can see the PODxt and can see what is installed and the version(s) and it shows that the USB firmware installed is the same as the latest I think that indicates my computer is communicating with the PODxt.

I think I did not successfully attach the screen shot on my first post, but I think I have done so now.

Thanks,

Don

post-2117269-0-41651900-1416188214_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I had also this problem. I got it updated with the following steps:

Turn off your PODXT. Push the first square knob under the screen and turn your pod on.

It will now boot into safe mode.

If it is booted into safe mode you can update your pod with the monkey software and follow the instructions at your screen.

After the process it will be the 3.01 version.