Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Studio UX2 - lots of noise and crackling

Hello everyone

I got a Line 6 Pod Studio UX2 to start with home recording. I am an absolute noob in this field, so any help is welcome.

After I had installed everything correctly and plugged everything in, I could hear my guitar sounds only faintly and my headphones made some terrible noise (seriously, it gave more crackles and pops than my Rice Krispies this morning).

I tried Googling my problem and I have noticed that this is not a standalone case. Unfortunately, none of the solutions suggested in this forum or elsewhere have worked.

I have tried different cables, different guitars, different headphones, all giving the same result

One post suggested going to "Manage Audio Devices" in Windows Control Panel. I went there and I noticed that when I opened the tab "Recording", the crackling stopped for the most part. When I click on one of the other tabs, it comes back.

When I try recording something (I use Pro Tools 10), the noise is recorded as well. Should it be necessary, I suppose I could upload an audio file containing the noise.

Lastly, the laptop I use is a bit old, although it still works for everything else I use it for. I'm not sure this is relevant, but maybe it could help.

I have spent hours trying to fix this but to no avail. Needless to say, this stuff is driving me nuts.

Thanks a bunch!

Cpt. Pancakes

Just for clarification, the newest Monkey shows green ticks for everything?

Are you recording via USB?

Are you using Line6 ASIO in PT as your device?

Rice Krispies?? Likely a USB bitstream issue.

Did you look at the USB Troubleshooting Guide? (I know, it's a lot).

http://line6.com/support/topic/217-usb-audio-troubleshooting/

btw, if you're a complete newb, how do you know you installed everything correcty :o .

jk :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

In reality, the POD Studio UX2 is crap. I am having constant issues with mine and, having had enough, I have decided to get an Apogee One. Underpowered USB ports, etc., these excuses are shameless. A product should work. That’s it. I have been using the POD Studio for a few years now. Sometimes it performs OK, sometimes it doesn’t. I have tried to isolate the issues to no avail.

In reality, the POD Studio UX2 is crap. I am having constant issues with mine and, having had enough, I have decided to get an Apogee One. Underpowered USB ports, etc., these excuses are shameless. A product should work. That’s it. I have been using the POD Studio for a few years now. Sometimes it performs OK, sometimes it doesn’t. I have tried to isolate the issues to no avail.

I understand your grief although Line 6 should not be responsible for the differences in computers. Unfortunately there is no real standard in the way computer manufacturers have to build computers, at least that I'm aware of since the differences I see in them are so vast.

Maybe you should do things the old fashioned way and write a letter to the corporate office explaining with sincerity your issues with the device and that you would like them to refund your money and have them take the product back. You get more bee's with honey than vinegar. Hope all works out for you.

P.S.: Other alternatives would be to see if you can sell the device to someone whom it will serve a purpose.