Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Weight--is the 59 heavier than the 69?

I have both the 69S & 59 -- they don't seem to be that much different in weight to me, but have not weighed them... I tried to look up on Sweetwater -- they have a gallery of guitars they have in stock, found a 69 -- they included the weight on two of them one was 7 lbs. 6 oz., the other was 8 lbs. even. A difference of 10 oz. between 2 of the same model. Woods of the same species can have different weight densities from one batch to the next.

They didn't have a 59 in their gallery shots, so I looked at American Musical Supply who also now has some gallery shots, not as much info, but did see 2 black 59's one they listed as 7 lbs. 4 oz., the other (newer SN) was listed as 10 lbs. That was quite a discrepancy - nearly 3 lbs., so don't know if they have their weights listed right...

I'm a big guy and have quite a few different guitars & other instruments, so the particular weight has never bothered me in particular. The instrument that is my heaviest is my Gold Tone Banjo -- over 11 lbs., and I do notice that when I first pick it up...

Dave