Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

sonic port VX works weird with my IPhone 6/iPad

please listen to the attachment.

when I plug in my brand new sonic port vx and connect to my iphone 6, it sounds like this:

when play hard, the head of the sound was gone, and later you can hear the end of the sound.

when I turn down the volume and play softly, it sounds fine.

It's not charging my Ipad AIR.

The charge connection between sonic port vx and my iphone 6 is unstable.

Please tell me what to do. I bought it from an ebay seller named "themidistore" 2 days age. It seems like I was the only one have this problem.

According to their policy, if i return it I should pay for the return ship payment and even 15% of the price of this item because I break the sealed!

I don't know why a brand new sonic port VX would act like this but It destroyed my trust of Line 6 product that I built while using POD HD500.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

1. Have you tried updating to the latest iOS?

2. Have you tried updating the MOBILE POD app to version 1.7

3. Are you using the supplied Line 6 micro-USB to lightning connector?

If you answered yes to all of these questions and you are still having problems, I recommend contacting Technical Support directly to walk you through more troubleshooting options.

Europe:

Technical Support:
+44 (0) 1788 566 555, Mon-Thurs 9am – 5pm GMT and Fri 9am – 4pm GMT

US

Main Phone#: (818) 575-3600

Customer Service:
8am - 5pm M-F Pacific Time
Press option 2 for Customer Service

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its working for me 

Details:

http://line6.com/support/topic/9457-line-6-sonic-port-vx-for-ipad-2/

I successfully used it with my iPhone 6 Plus ( IOS 8.1.2), and iPad Air ( IOS 7.6.2)  -

I can use SonicPort VX to record 24 bit stereo using either of these IOS  apps on my iPhone 6 plus.

Yonac ToneStack ( Guitar Amp sim/Stereo FX/recorder) and Harmonic Dog MultiTrack DAW.

Also for chraging the IOS device while using -  You do need to use the 12 Watt iPad charger for connecting the "2nd" micro-USB Charge cable to the Sonic Port VX and have  the Sonic Port VX charge the Lightning cable connected iPhone/ iPad .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am now having the same problem.

I received the Sonic Port VX 5 days ago for my birthday.

Initially worked great with my iPhone 6.

Day before yesterday my iPhone updated to iOS 8.2.

Now I have the same problem that "eternalkeith" posted on 16 November 2014 7:30PM:

When I aggressively attack the strings, the head of the sound disappears, but later the end of the sound can be heard.

When I turn down the volume and play softly, it sounds fine.

I had a little over one good day with my Sonic Port VX; however, now I am not at all happy with it and wishing that I had opted for another recording device.

I am also not happy at all that it is pretty much useless with a PC as there is no included software comparable to Mobile POD. On the PC I cannot get it to record JUST guitar without it also picking up external sounds apparently through the microphone.

Relevant Info:

iOS 8.2

Mobile POD 1.7.2(872)

Firmware 1.0.11

DSP Engine 1.10.0

Is there a solution for this before I return it for a refund???