Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podhd500x + dt50 head -hidden features

dschaaf

If you have the HD500X you really don't need to access the hidden features, just plug in using the L6 Link. If you want to fool around with them you have to use something like the M-Audio MIDI Sport UNO to connect to your computer and use DT Edit to manipulate them.

Can't comment on how the DT50 behaves, but on the DT25 you can tap into some hidden 'features' using a dual amp tone where path A selects the DT power amp and is muted in mixer while path B has the effects and amp model. See my attached PDF for details on the DT25. It may be useful for the DT50 as well, but I suspect the power amp section behaves differently at least for some amp configurations. It's important to realize that the preamp selection in the HD has impact on DT power amp behavior even if Type/Class/Tube configuration seem to be the same (on the surface). 

• Upvote 1

Can't comment on how the DT50 behaves, but on the DT25 you can tap into some hidden 'features' using a dual amp tone where path A selects the DT power amp and is muted in mixer while path B has the effects and amp model. See my attached PDF for details on the DT25. It may be useful for the DT50 as well, but I suspect the power amp section behaves differently at least for some amp configurations. It's important to realize that the preamp selection in the HD has impact on DT power amp behavior even if Type/Class/Tube configuration seem to be the same (on the surface). 

Thanks Martin, Nice PDF. I was unaware about this so I should check it out when I can. :)