Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Pro HD x fbv and Poweramp anyone??

leighfinal

Hey guys

Im new to the POD HD X and i want to get an FBV for this. would i be right in saying the "Shortboard" is the correct one for this.. i only want to use it for a few presets etc?

Im also wanting some suggestions on Power amps for gigging. Maybe the Rocktron Velocity 300?

Thanks

Leigh

I'm also wanting some suggestions on Power amps for gigging. Maybe the Rocktron Velocity 300?

I assume you mean the POD HD Pro X?  Then yes, the shortboard or the express are right for that.

I have the Rocktron Velocity 300 and it is a great amp.  I am guessing you already have cab(s)?  If not, you may be better off with powered speakers, an L2 would be ideal.

I assume you mean the POD HD Pro X?  Then yes, the shortboard or the express are right for that.

I have the Rocktron Velocity 300 and it is a great amp.  I am guessing you already have cab(s)?  If not, you may be better off with powered speakers, an L2 would be ideal.

Hey, yes sorry i mean the Pod HD Pro x. awesome thanks for that

I use the Pod HD pro with a mesa 50/50 power amp. My previous power amp was the velocity 300 which was pretty good, but the 50/50 was a step up. Not jaw dropping right away, but over time i can really tell the difference. It goes great with the pod's "preamp only" models - sounds like any other real amp. I use the shortboard too for gigging, works great. Also make sure you have a good guitar cab, that can make or break the Pod when using it as a preamp into a power amp.