Sign in to follow this  
despero12

flextone presets access

Hi guys, quick dumb question is if I can access in any way to presets in my Flextone III without shortboard? I have generic midi cable which doesn't word (of course lack of SysEX). I can't find any information on the web about access to more than 4 presets (A,B,C,D). Do I have to click something with bank button?  I will appreciate any answer

Hi mate

Not sure if you are talking about live or at home.  If it's live, then a shortboard, or programmable midi controller is the only way.  If you get a midi-USB cable (pretty cheap on Ebay), you can connect to your PC and change to whatever patch you want with the Flex software.  It would be a bit tricky to do it live though with the midi/pc.

I had this thought a while ago, but haven't done anything about it.

If you could get a small programmable midi controller with 2 switches, you could build it into the amp somehow, and program the buttons to switch banks up/down (the parameters are in the FLex manual).  Theoretically, it should work....

It's a bit mad that they build an amp with loads of slots, but you can only access 4 from the actual amp itself.

Regards

Mark