Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording Question with POD X3 Live - Simulating two player

tvos

Friends,

I have done some recording in the past with my music and have always recorded the same guitar part twice.

This gives the guitar a full sound and simulates two guitars playing the same with subtle feel and slight variation

in timing. 

Now, with the POD X3 Live that I own - is there a way to simulate this sound / effect w/o having to double up on

the guitar part? 

In some songs that I hear the professionals record, it seems to be only one guitar playing note for note w/o error.

It is a wider range of sound. 

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You,

tvos

Try using a delay in front of the chain set at a really low ms time. There was also a trick using a chorus but its been a loooong time - IIRC I think it was putting the chorus early in the chain and using the the setting to dial in a subtle delay.

-B

I've either double layered manually by recording the part twice playing back with it, which to me sound the best.  The second way I've done it was using the a DAW like BillBee was talking about. Copy the track and apply a bit of delay on just one side.  Now if you asking about doing that live, you will need to use a dual mode and apply a slight delay to just one side again just like BillBee suggested.