Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Factory Reset Problem

Oskar58

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere here.  I tried to do a search and came up with nothing.  I have been trying for a couple of days to factory restore the settings on my M9.  I follow all the directions, but the problem is in hitting the looper button and the model select button.  For some reason my timing is probably off by a fraction of a second, or it's defective.  I've done this at least 100 times, and all it does is turn on the looper.  Is there alternate way to factory restore this unit?  A quick search of the internet shows that many others are having the same problem.  Am hoping to find a solution here.  thanks.

If you hold down the tap button prior to pressing the model select button, you should get it to work. You have to hold down tap for less than the two seconds it takes to go to looper. It will ask you if you're sure, then you'll have to do the same thing again.

The other thing you can do is to reinstall the firmware via Monkey. That will reset everything.

Factory Reset

There may be times when you’d like to reset your M9 to its Factory settings. You may want 

to recall a particular Factory Scene, for example, or just get back to square one. 

To do a Factory Reset, first back up any Scenes you’d like to keep (as described above), 

then follow the steps on the next page.

DECAY V. 2.00

THRESH CONTRAST

DUMP ALL?

DUMP FLDR?

RST FACT?

MIDI Gate Display

DUMP SCNE?

CH 1

• Threshold, Decay and 

Contrast are adjustable 

with Knobs 1, 4 & 2

• MIDI Channel 1 thru 

16 or Omni is set with 

Knob 3Setup Details

2•6

• Turn the Model Select knob until “RST FACT?†is displayed.

• Press and hold TAP while you press down on the Model Select knob - “Reset To 

Factory? Are You Sure†will be displayed.

• To initiate the Factory Reset, press down on the Model Select knob again.

All Factory defaults will be reset, including Scene Presets and Global settings

I appreciate the suggestions, but my problem is that I have followed the instrudtions to a T.  The issue is that for some reason it's not recognizing the timing between hitting the Tap button followed by the Model select knob.  As I've said, I've tried it at least 100 times with various timings, and nothing.  It always goes into Looper mode.  I did try reinstalling via Monkey, but it indicated I already had the latest Firmware, unless there's a way to override that and reinstall.

So, my question is whether there is an alternate way for Factory Reset, or if there is indeed something wrong with the switches.  To be honest, I found this a pretty awkward way to reset.  Especially requiring such specific timing.

You can reinstall the firmware in Monkey even if it says you have the latest. I don't have Monkey installed on this computer to check, but I believe the option is on the right of the screen.

"You can reinstall the firmware in Monkey even if it says you have the latest. I don't have Monkey installed on this computer to check, but I believe the option is on the right of the screen."

OK, I'll give it another shot.  thanks.

I was able to reinstall the Firmware and that appears to have restored the original settings.  Still didn't work by using the Tap button and Model Select knob.  Something is probably not working as it should.  Appreciate everyone's help here.  Thanks.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...