Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ipad air2 no sound from internal spkrs. Sonic port VX other modes of sound ok.

Hi paulblaesing,

Make sure that the volume of the iPad Air 2 is up. I could be muted. When you have the Sonic Port VX connected, you'll only hear audio coming from its headphone and main outputs, even if the iPad is turned up. But if you disconnect the SP VX, and the iPad is muted, you will not hear anything. Let me know if this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been working non stop for several hours to try to fix the noise problem with my IMac, Mac Book Pro, and Mini I Pad.  You are telling us that it is normal I can't hear anything unless I have my headphone or PA/Ampli connect to the main output?

actually, you can create an aggregate audio device on your mac products... (not the iOS devices)

that allows you to use different devices for inputs and outputs...

BUT...

the most normal and correct use is to use a single device for both input and output.

• 1 month later...

I got the answer.  Too easy.  Just go to Garage Band Preference and select ''Audio Midi'' sorry I have French version, and then select the appropriate output (Port VX, or Integrated output or.....).  Working like a charm.  So now I don't have to have my headphone to listen to my music.  All I need to do is select the right output.

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to use sonic port such that I get the sound to come through my ipad speakers so that I don't have to plug in our use headphones? If I need to run through garageband what settings do I need in order to do this? Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to use sonic port such that I get the sound to come through my ipad speakers so that I don't have to plug in our use headphones? If I need to run through garageband what settings do I need in order to do this? Thanks for your help.

I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy. Windy48 seems to have figured it out but I can't seem to find anything in the gb preferences that can change the output on my iPad air 2. Is there a way to use the iPads speakers so I can not use headphones? Help!

• 6 months later...

At the moment there is no way to do that. iOS replaces the microphone and speaker with the sonic port one's and there is no way to re- assign this.

Hello,

So, If I've well understood, it is not possible to record my guitar on the way with my iPhone/iPad if I have no headphone or amplifier to connect to the Sonic Port VX... So, the use as nomad device is a little bit limited... :(

But, in case you use the microphone and you record with Apple App "Dictaphone" (I don't know the English name of this app), it is possible to hear the result without disconnecting the Sonix Port VX on the speaker of the iPhone/iPad. So, in this case, IOS replaces only the mic, but not the speaker.

Do you have an explanation ?