Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lagging when changing presets

KJaworski

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the Amplifi Fx100 with the v2.1 firmware update and I am not experiencing any lag at all. As a matter of fact I have it paired to my Kindle Fire Hdx and it updates changes faster than the iPad I first used to set it up

Do you mean there's no lag from changing the actual presets on the unit itself, or no lag changing presets on the app?

There is no lag changing presets on the pedal. Which is what I thought you were implying. Once live I use only the pedal to change presets while performing unless its a song change whereby I change the preset ahead of time. There does not seem to be a lag when selecting a preset from the amplifi preset list. I do however see a brief lag when selecting from MyTones although I would never do that in a live setting. Hope this helps.

• 3 years later...

Hello, 

Are there some news about this topic ? Any answer from Line 6 ? I've just bought an AMPLIFI FX 100, and the lag when changing presets on footswitches (even with bluetooth off) makes it impossible to switch while playing a song, unless you plan switching 1/2 second before you actually need.... It's a nightmare.

Of course, firmware is up to date...

@Line6, any update ?

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that the preset change is actually made when the footswitch is released, rather than when it's pressed. You can verify this by holding the switch down with your foot for an artificially-long period of time. If you do this and the change doesn't take place until you take your foot off the switch, you'll have your answer.

And, if this is the case, the only thing you can do to speed things up would be to very quickly 'tap' the switch once in order to change the preset. Avoid holding it down for any length of time.

On 2/15/2019 at 7:33 PM, cbrillow said:

I believe that the preset change is actually made when the footswitch is released, rather than when it's pressed. You can verify this by holding the switch down with your foot for an artificially-long period of time. If you do this and the change doesn't take place until you take your foot off the switch, you'll have your answer.

And, if this is the case, the only thing you can do to speed things up would be to very quickly 'tap' the switch once in order to change the preset. Avoid holding it down for any length of time.

Thanks for you answer.
I've tried but actually the preset doesn't change when the footswitch is released. It switches when pressed, but only after a 1/2 second.
I've tried holding the switch down (not too long), but the preset changes anyway.
I've also tried to quickly tap the switch : same issue.

So, no changes...:-(.

Thanks again for trying to help me.