Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD X3 as Sound Card only works for a while, then no sound comes from it!

ndrgkhn

Hi,

I think a lot of people had this problem but I've checked out previous posts and i havent heard of anyone with this exact issue.

I conected my POD X3  via USB 2.0 with no USBHub to my computer. I downloaded latest version of drivers via Monkey. I set my POD X3 as the default soundcard for Windows 8.1.

It works only for a while. I mean I can listen to mp3 and other audio files via windows media, I can listen to Youtube videos or other internet streaming audio.

Then out of nowhere it all turns down. No sound comes out from my POD X3. And i have to restart my PC. The only solve is restarting my PC.

No sound sended by the PC is heard. I use Win 8.1 64 bit. (I closed other soundcards already motherboard ,monitor vs)

HOW CAN I GET THATH FIXED???

I had the problem with the X3 Pro  were the sound would just freeze up suddenly, no sound at all and the only fix for it was to restart the my laptop (Win 7) and then all was good for a long time and then it would come back. So I did some research here and found a link to USBDeview Program. Ran that program in admin mode and uninstalled all usb entries relating to X3 Pro and also removed any entries I figured I wasn't using anymore, besides they can be reinstalled anyway if need be. I also removed all other line 6 entries since i have many other line 6 devices. In essence only having usb entries that i need. Total count of entries was 4 when I got done, when I started it was 70, lol. After I did that and reinstalled all the related software the issue was non existent. Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

USBDeiveiw Web Page the other link is the direct download.

• 2 weeks later...

I CAN'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM. I USED THE USB DEVÄ°EW PROGRAM BUT THE PROBLEM STILL GOES ON. NEED HELP. HOPE SOMEONE KNOWS.

Like TheRealZap said It could be hardware. I do remember one other time i had to uninstall and reinstall the sound software that originally came with my computer. There may have been a conflict with the two in my particular situation.

Can you try it on another computer? I always try as much as I can before getting ready part with my device.

the known hardware problem is known to only affect it when used with certain hardware.... in other words.. changing your computer... can cause the problem to show itself.

of course the known issue is regarding the x3 live... is yours the live model?

the known hardware problem is known to only affect it when used with certain hardware.... in other words.. changing your computer... can cause the problem to show itself.

of course the known issue is regarding the x3 live... is yours the live model?

No its only PodX3 model , the red one. Its software problem i'm sure. anyone knows how can i fix it ?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I came across this recently in respect of another audio interface I'm considering, this may help your problem

Many systems come preset to conserve USB power by temporarily cutting or disabling power to USB ports that are not actively in use. This can often be problematic for USB drivers that run in the background, since background tasks are not given power priority by the OS. If you use USB interfaces or controllers, then you should disable this power-management scheme. Go to the Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > right-click on a "USB Root Hub" > Properties > Power Management > deselect "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" > press "OK." Repeat this process for all USB Root Hubs in the Device Manager.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem! (Sorry I am not native Enlish speaker.)
The sounds will be gone after when i turn "on" my X3 Live. The sounds work until a little time (7-10 minutes) and then no sound and I have to start my laptop MANUALLY.

Because the windows 7 64 can't quit.

Every driver updated with the monkey. I don't understand that.

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem for 2 years now with windows 10. I cant understand how this could happen in a  such a big and famous company like you. Its never too late to show respect to your customers and give a solution to such a big problem that all of us have to deal with. I hope that i will get a reply soon to solve this frustrating problem.

if you'd review the thread here, it clearly asks that you contact line6 support. they have numerous potential solutions for this including physically fixing the device if it needs it...

they wont likely reply here... you need to initiate contact. but the answer is there.

I have the same problem for 2 years now with windows 10. I cant understand how this could happen in a  such a big and famous company like you. Its never too late to show respect to your customers and give a solution to such a big problem that all of us have to deal with. I hope that i will get a reply soon to solve this frustrating problem.

• 2 months later...