Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV-89 and Amplifi

I love my variax guitar. I own the whole dream rig including the POD HD-500 and the dt25 amp.  However with all the hipe over the new "Amplifi" models I sort of feel like I am missing something. As I read through all the literature I keep looking for the variax input and it's just not there. Um, don't you think it would be a good idea to include the LINE6 proprietary input in the latest release its amplifiers? If it had it I would have already bought one of the stupid things. For a company that excels in "bells and whistles" I think they missed the boat on this.  

I agree it should be included but I am looking at this for the living room.  I keep my dream rig in the basement studio and have nothing upstairs to practice on.  This would fit the bill nicely and I can keep one of my other guitars (which I never play anymore) upstairs to use with it either with headphones or through the stereo.

I also have the 69/500/25 Dream rig, and I'm looking at the Amplifi TT for my tiny studio.  I can route it through my audio interface so I can practice thru my monitors, and use it as my guitar processor to record.  Then, if I have to take a tune to a gig, I can recreate the tone on the HD500 using the settings shown in the Amplifi app.  

I also have the 69/500/25 Dream rig, and I'm looking at the Amplifi TT for my tiny studio. I can route it through my audio interface so I can practice thru my monitors, and use it as my guitar processor to record. Then, if I have to take a tune to a gig, I can recreate the tone on the HD500 using the settings shown in the Amplifi app.

Never been in the same room with an Amplifi, but I'm not sure which (if any) of the 500's amp models are in there. You may find it difficult to tone-match just by copying settings from the app to the 500. Stranger things have happened of course, but the 500 being the complicated beast that it is, I'd be surprised if anything translated at all.

• Upvote 1

Never been in the same room with an Amplifi, but I'm not sure which (if any) of the 500's amp models are in there. You may find it difficult to tone-match just by copying settings from the app to the 500. Stranger things have happened of course, but the 500 being the complicated beast that it is, I'd be surprised if anything translated at all.

So I downloaded the app (no AMPLIFi yet) and pulled up a tone that looked interesting and emulated it with the HD500.  I have to say while it didn't match up with models perfectly it came out pretty damn good...  Interesting how the app has a compressor and eq after the amp and cab and I generally NEVER do that.  I used the tube comp since the app has a dedicated comp and it worked really well...  defininitely has my interest for the TT...

So I downloaded the app (no AMPLIFi yet) and pulled up a tone that looked interesting and emulated it with the HD500. I have to say while it didn't match up with models perfectly it came out pretty damn good... Interesting how the app has a compressor and eq after the amp and cab and I generally NEVER do that. I used the tube comp since the app has a dedicated comp and it worked really well... defininitely has my interest for the TT...

Fair enough...I'll hafta try it myself. I was going on my experience with the SonicPort, which had some similar models, at least in name, but didn't translate to the 500X at all. I'll try anything once.

I do have an Amplifi but I am using it as a monitor for my HD500x.  Its my understanding that Amplifi is using the X3 algorithm's so as stated prior I don't think you will get and apples to apples comparison between the Amplifi and the HD500X