Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd 500 400 300 Discontinued Production?

malexand20

Does the eleven rack have the kind of functionality and tone that the hd500 does when connected to the DT50?... I have yet to find a set up that tops this.

I just played a show with this set up and the compliments about the accuracy of the tones poured in...

this is a set up I will be using for years to come, unless someone can top this type of modelling and communication with the amp...

MSRP means very little these days. Who sells anything at MSRP other than books at book stores?

I really hope firmware updates will apply to the HD500. If this is not the case, that would be massive and blatant betrayal of the entire Pod HD customer base. It seems like the HD500X only differs in terms of hardware and that there is nothing fundamentally new that would make it use totally different firmware. On the flip side, if they do keep supporting the HD500, that is great news for us since a lot of us thought it was dead in the water! Gives me SOME hope but not enough to think that, e.g., they will fix the EQ frequency display issue.

• Upvote 1

video review of the POD HDX - totally replacing the HD.

Unfortunately the Line 6 rep had no idea about compatibility with the HD500. He says that 500X tones MIGHT be compatible with the 500, and that if you have 500 tones to transfer over to the 500X, the editor is different but the tones are compatible. I am thinking he actually has no clue and that the editor is the same and the tones exactly the same. Why would they be any different given that this is the exact same machine just with more processing power?

Makes me wonder if the HD500 can be modded with the new processor or memory?

I also would like to thank Line 6 for not giving me too much of a heart break for the one year of owning the HD500..

Expanding the looper would of been the heart break for me.

As it was the processor upgrade has made the dual channel and FX choices usable now.

I am happy sticking with the HD500.

But I see a few HD500's are on ebay already.

Probably will get better dollars for it before the new model is up for sale.

really hope firmware updates will apply to the HD500. If this is not the case, that would be massive and blatant betrayal of the entire Pod HD customer base. It seems like the HD500X only differs in terms of hardware and that there is nothing fundamentally new that would make it use totally different firmware. On the flip side, if they do keep supporting the HD500, that is great news for us since a lot of us thought it was dead in the water! Gives me SOME hope but not enough to think that, e.g., they will fix the EQ frequency display issue

As a long time Vetta user... I am not holding my breath regarding continued support that has been implied or (in the case of the Vetta) even promised.

the x is basically a lateral upgrade. vetta has no X model.  

Which in my opinion gives Line 6 even less reason to continue support of the HD500.  I'm not saying it won't happen (and I get that you are referring to the potential technical compatibility - at least I think you are), but my guess is that they will drop support in an effort to get folks who are not constrained by the 1st run upgrade differences (increased power/memory) to upgrade for what comes down the road.  I do hope I am wrong since I use a JTV69/HD500/DT50 and have no real issues that appear to be solved by the X.  We show see...

Which in my opinion gives Line 6 even less reason to continue support of the HD500.  I'm not saying it won't happen (and I get that you are referring to the potential technical compatibility - at least I think you are), but my guess is that they will drop support in an effort to get folks who are not constrained by the 1st run upgrade differences (increased power/memory) to upgrade for what comes down the road.  I do hope I am wrong since I use a JTV69/HD500/DT50 and have no real issues that appear to be solved by the X.  We show see...

any software for the X will be available for the 500