Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 150 & recording ... not yet

gramote

hi,

i have read on another thread some heavy discussion about not being able to record with the Amplifi 150 ...

i would like to highlight that this is a perfect tool, really, (at home, rehearsal and gigs!) with the features proposed so far !

nevertheless, recording would be a well appreciated feature and line 6 did not say that it will not be added in the future ... "the AMPLIFi team's just been really busy." ... (very positive unofficial wording)  ... so ... i wait ...(-:

... and thanks to line 6 to create those magic products !

• Upvote 1

hi,

i have read on another thread some heavy discussion about not being able to record with the Amplifi 150 ...

i would like to highlight that this is a perfect tool, really, (at home, rehearsal and gigs!) with the features proposed so far !

nevertheless, recording would be a well appreciated feature and line 6 did not say that it will not be added in the future ... "the AMPLIFi team's just been really busy." ... (very positive unofficial wording)  ... so ... i wait ...(-:

... and thanks to line 6 to create those magic products !

It's a $200 upgrade called the Amplifi TT.  ;)  

you made me laugh moderato !

buuuuuuut no ... adding $200 will bring another device !

and this is not the idea ... be patient

No, really - Moderato was being 100% totally serious. AMPLIFi options #1 (75), #2 (150), and #3 (FX100) currently do NOT support USB recording function. HOWEVER, please welcome AMPLIFi option #4 "TT" which DOES include USB recording..... For $200, it can be yours.

http://line6.com/amplifi-tt-desktop-guitar-amp/

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AmplifiTT

Line 6 AMPLIFi TT Desktop Guitar Effects Processor
Guitar Amplifier Emulation and Multi-effects Desktop Processor with Bluetooth Connectivity, USB Audio Out, and iOS/Android App Control
  • - USB output for direct recording to your computer

• 2 weeks later...

New announcement! New 2.1 firmware gives AMPLIFi 150, 75 and FX100 the ability to record!

'The AMPLIFi v2.1 firmware update turns AMPLIFi 150, 75 and FX100 into powerful class-compliant USB interfaces for Mac, PC and iOS*, making them ideal for use with GarageBand®, Cubase®, Pro Tools®, Logic®, Ableton® Live, Cakewalk® and other pro recording platforms. All AMPLIFi owners can now record with the same exact amp and effect tones they’ve downloaded from the cloud or created themselves.

AMPLIFi v2.1 firmware update is available now for AMPLIFi 150, 75 and FX100, and can be downloaded via the AMPLIFi Remote iOS and Android apps, as well as the AMPLIFi Utility for PC. The ASIO driver for PC is available at www.line6.com/software.'

* Camera Connection Kit required.

• Upvote 1