Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What's your looper setup with the 150?

Moderato

I currently just have a guitar and the Amplifi 150.  I want to get a looper but since all the effects are built into the 150 it limits what you can do with it.  I'm wondering if most of you have pedals you run before the looper or a multi-effects board?  I figure to layer loops you would need a looper, effects before it and then once you have everything recorded to then run the playback to the aux-in on the back of the Amplifi and then you could use the Amplifi 150 to jam along with that by plugging your guitar into the front of the 150 and then there wouldn't be conflict between the looper playback and your guitar solos.  The new Amplifi TT seems like it could be a good option to run before the looper?  I was also thinking of getting an FX100 or HD500X.  Not sure though, part of me thinks I should just start investing in pedals instead.  So what are your setups?  Thanks.    

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Now that the Amplifi has the USB out recording option, is there a way to run that into a looper and record loops?  This way you can create loops using the patches and playing that you hear from the Amplfi 150?

So what you are saying i can plug the usb on the amplfi to my Amman cooper witch has a usb. I have thought about this and don't think you can do it

So what you are saying i can plug the usb on the amplfi to my Amman cooper witch has a usb. I have thought about this and don't think you can do it

Not sure, I actually don't have a looper and haven't made use of the USB out recording feature yet.  I just got the Amplifi and and electric recently.  I'm not new to playing guitar but I haven't played electric for 10 years and have been playing only acoustic.  I thought the Amplifi 150 was a good place to get started and I like the looper pedals but haven't picked one out yet.  I know that I'd like to be able to record loops using all the patches & effects that the Amplifi provides but not sure exactly how to do that.  When I started this thread it was before the USB recording was available so I was just thinking about it, and would use that info to select a looper pedal, possibly.  I just don't know if it makes sense to buy a bunch of pedals to put before the looper when I have all those effects already built into the Amplifi 150 and the remote app but then again maybe it does.

i just thought of this how about headphones out on amplfi into looper looper out into the aux in on amplfi? Would this work?

Good idea but I think the headphones out completely shuts off the speaker system and I think that would apply to the aux-in as well.  I think for what I'd like to do I need to buy more stuff.  A lot of it and that's what I'm trying to avoid because I'm just a hobbyist and I don't get paid for playing guitar so....  lol 

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

so sad right now i assumed this had a looper when i bought it.  got the amplifi 150 and currently am just frustrated trying to figure it out...  maybe i'll just hook up the gt10 sigh.  i'm sure once i get a bit to explore things i'll be less disjointed. hoping i can figure this out.  

I don't understand why they didn't put a looper in on this amp because they put all kinds of effects and stuff on it already. It's not like they couldn't do it. I really wish they would put it in an update.

• 2 weeks later...

A really bad work-around would be to get something like an iRig, plug it into the Aux-In on the back, and use the built-in looper on the JamUp/Amplitude apps, and use the Line 6 Amplifi just as a speaker. It's a real shame they don't have a basic looper in the Amplifi app. I was getting all excited about buying the Boss RC-1 but now I guess I can't.

• 1 month later...

I'm using an iPad app called Loopy that communicates with my Amplifi 150 in both directions using the the USB. You need the camera adapter for your iPad, which comes with a USB socket. No fuss, no setups, just plug and play. Loopy records from the Amplifi and then plays back to the Amplifi through the USB cable. It's great. The only improvement you'd have with a built in looper would be the ability to control the looper with the shortboard, but Loopy is easy to run with a simple finger touch. Loops can be saved and played back later.

Enjoy.

• Upvote 1

Update: I've added a powered USB hub, and Roland UM-1 midi to USB converter, and a Beat Buddy with its optional midi cable to my setup. Now I can start and stop loopy using the Beat Buddy's pedal or stomp switches, and the superb drum tracks provided by Beat Buddy are in sync with my loops. I've provided a detailed description of how to get the Beat Buddy to talk to Loopy in another topic here:

http://line6.com/support/topic/22057-a-good-looping-option-if-you-have-an-amplifi/

• Upvote 1