Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi TT - A little help

BOT767

Guys first of all sorry I searched topics but none answered my doubts and I'm undecided whether I buy or not.

To begin, I have a Windows phone, a desktop with Windows 8 and a Mac with Yosemite. None of these platforms gives to control the amplifier which is a bit weird but ready I'm willing to buy an android for this purpose, now I need to clarify the following doubts.

1- If I buy Mototola Moto G will be compatible with the amplifier (from what I read some say yes and others not)...

2- They are planning to release version for windows or mac?

3- How does the USB port work? I saw on youtube and everyone says it's possible to record, here in the community everyone says it isn't..

I need a little help please.

1- If I buy Mototola Moto G will be compatible with the amplifier (from what I read some say yes and others not)...

- I don't know for sure.  It says devices running Android 4.2-4.4 and lists the devices below.  However, the app runs on my Sharp Aquos Crystal and its not listed.  Then again I have no idea if it would connect since I don't have a TT.

Samsung® Galaxy S®5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy Note® Pro, Samsung Galaxy Note II, HTC® One M8, HTC One M7, Motorola® Moto® X, Google® Nexus® 7, Amazon Kindle Fire HDX, ASUS® MeMo Pad®, ASUS Fonepad. ASUS PadFone, LG® G2, LG Optimus, LG F7, LG Nexus 4

2- They are planning to release version for windows or mac?

- I have heard nothing at all about plans for windows or mac but the fact that the USB works with both does make you wonder...

3- How does the USB port work? I saw on youtube and everyone says it's possible to record, here in the community everyone says it isn't..
  - Only thing we know for sure is you can send audio OUT from the TT to your computer to record.  We don't know if you can send audio IN.

** the USB does not work on the 75, 150 or the 100, that's what people are talking about when they say it doesn't work.

I have a TT.

1. most likely any android 3.4+ with bluetooth will be capable... they can't declare that 100% because it's impossible to test 100% of what's out there... but chances are real good!

2. there has been no mention of any computer apps other than wishful thinking here on the forums... if this is a deciding factor, then i would hold off, since it MAY never happen (although it could possibly...)

3. recording works just fine on the TT... it's class compliant with a mac (no driver needed) i tested with logic and garageband, there is a windows driver too that you can setup in your software (i tested with reaper, and mixcraft)

3. recording works just fine on the TT... it's class compliant with a mac (no driver needed) i tested with logic and garageband, there is a windows driver too that you can setup in your software (i tested with reaper, and mixcraft)

So Zap, does the TT become a soundcard then?  Can you monitor your recording from the TT?  Can you play back through the TT?

Yeah, pretty much worked like any other interface. you can't record the bluetooth stream or anything like that though.

So Zap, does the TT become a soundcard then?  Can you monitor your recording from the TT?  Can you play back through the TT?

• Upvote 1