Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I know - I'm not new..but annoying 4 sure!

diggerbarnz

outta the blue I'm getting a cha-chick when I switch patches on DT25....wasn't doin that earlier

reading other posts I see it could be topology...but just weird that I didn't hear it before - whatever happened to silent switching 

I wonder if I shouldn't just reflash to previous FW & forget the fancy sh$% lol...I notice now how very different the "origanal 4" amps sound when plugged straight in - no pod -  via 1/4'' - & the funny thing is I dunno HOW I changed that

Can't say whether this would fix your 'cha-chick', but I had a lot more switching noise going on before I used power isolation box. You can use the Furman AC-215 and put it in my DT-25 Combo cabinet. I think I paid around $150.- 2 years ago. If you have a UPS for a desk top computer you could try it to see whether it makes a difference. Also, changing to a different power outlet may have had an impact and obviously Master volume could bring the 'cha-chick' to the front. Just grasping straws ...

Good luck.

perhaps you switched from full models to pre's etc...

you really shouldn't switch topologies mid song anyway... so it shouldn't be an unmanageable issue.

that's the thing Zap -I copied my "former presets" to another setlist & changed them all to pre's as suggested 4 use w/dt25 - the only oddball I have is an acoustic patch @ the beginning of one set

when you change it to pre's you use it more like an analog amp... rather than a modeling amp... and i think what you're hearing is normal.

if you switch patches mid song or something try rebuilding the different amps on the same topology... may require some adjustments of course... all a tradeoff... you can of course stick with full models too.

when you change it to pre's you use it more like an analog amp... rather than a modeling amp... and i think what you're hearing is normal.

if you switch patches mid song or something try rebuilding the different amps on the same topology... may require some adjustments of course... all a tradeoff... you can of course stick with full models too.

I kind of tried that (same topology) within a bank of 4 ...but still did it - either way - I love this amp

try recreating the same patch from empty? (if you're interested in pursuing)

it just seems like there's something being missed.

if there is an expression pedal involved, leave that off and try it... you can add it later if everything else is all clear.

outta the blue I'm getting a cha-chick when I switch patches on DT25....wasn't doin that earlier

you are changing amp models so the DT has to configure its power section to match.  That sound is the relays physically changing the structure of the tube power section to match your patch.  If you change topology, class, or pentode/triode it will have to physically reconfigure and you get the clicks and delay.  Build your setlist with minimal changes between amps.  You don't HAVE to keep the amps at their default settings.  If you want a Blackface to follow a Treadplate just set the Blackface topology, class and pentode settings to match the Treadplate and you should be good to go.

well _ I downloaded the DT 25 levelled pre's setlist & have been playing w/those & the internal link patches - chachink seems to be non-existent

& wow...the pups on the guitar are pretty sweet I think - I normally play 1/2 step down, but don't wanna change my setup just yet for blending mags