Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording with Amplifi 75?

Basilisk1

Hey guys,

So I'm very interested in buying an Amplifi 75, usually you can see the setup options on the site but couldn't find it. Is it actually possible to record guitar on your computer with the Amplifi? Like a direct input or whatever. It would be perfect to practise on this amp and to record as well so I can keep the same tones. Thanks!

Hello,

Currently, this feature is not available on AMPLIFi 75. The new AMPLIFi TT, however, can do it.

AMPLIFi TT

http://line6.com/amplifi-tt-desktop-guitar-amp/

Line 6 developed a site called "Idea Scale" where users can request such features. Line 6 is aware that people are asking for this feature. Feel free to vote this idea up using this link:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Recording-Capability-for-AMPLIFi/580597-23508

If you wish to record the sound coming from your AMPLIFi 75...

Connect the headphone(stereo) output from the back of the cab into an audio interface. Currently, it's the only way to record. Unless you want to mic up the cab, but I know that's not what you prefer to do.

Hello,

Currently, this feature is not available on AMPLIFi 75. The new AMPLIFi TT, however, can do it.

AMPLIFi TT

http://line6.com/amplifi-tt-desktop-guitar-amp/

Line 6 developed a site called "Idea Scale" where users can request such features. Line 6 is aware that people are asking for this feature. Feel free to vote this idea up using this link:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Recording-Capability-for-AMPLIFi/580597-23508

If you wish to record the sound coming from your AMPLIFi 75...

Connect the headphone(stereo) output from the back of the cab into an audio interface. Currently, it's the only way to record. Unless you want to mic up the cab, but I know that's not what you prefer to do.

I'm so glad I saw this post. I was on my way to GC to buy a 75 or a 150. This is a deal breaker. I'm disappointed to say the least, but I'm glad I don't have t return one since I saw this thread before I bought one.

So glad I saw this thread before I went out and bought one. Wow, this is a definite deal breaker. I was trying to decide between the 75 and the 150. I'm disappointed to say the least, but at least the decision is made for me. I have to say it's puzzling to me why that would be omitted on all of the Amplifi products except the TT.

Just note that they haven't said that won't be adding it to the other models.

Just note that they haven't said that won't be adding it to the other models.

That may be, but I'm not going to buy a product on the "chance' that they may add that capability.  I've had my Vetta II forever and wanted something newer and lighter, but I definitely want direct USB recording capabilities.

Thanks though for the response.

I own the Amplifi 75 and want to do some recording on my PC. I am wondering if I should go out and get the Amplifi TT. Or another option just use my Amplifi 75 ( outputting via the headphone ) and purchase something like the Focusrite scarlett 2i2 ?

Is there any reduction in quality when recording if I use the headphone out ( to the Focusrite ) vs a dedicated line out ( or ideally connecting to the PC directly via USB ) ?

I own the Amplifi 75 and want to do some recording on my PC. I am wondering if I should go out and get the Amplifi TT. Or another option just use my Amplifi 75 ( outputting via the headphone ) and purchase something like the Focusrite scarlett 2i2 ?

Is there any reduction in quality when recording if I use the headphone out ( to the Focusrite ) vs a dedicated line out ( or ideally connecting to the PC directly via USB ) ?

Technically, yes there is a slight reduction.

But if you have everything set up correctly, you would be hard pressed to notice it, especially in the final mix.

THIS JUST IN!

The AMPLIFi v2.1 firmware update turns AMPLIFi 150, 75 and FX100 into powerful class-compliant USB interfaces for Mac, PC and iOS*, making them ideal for use with GarageBand®, Cubase®, Pro Tools®, Logic®, Ableton® Live, Cakewalk® and other pro recording platforms. All AMPLIFi owners can now record with the same exact amp and effect tones they’ve downloaded from the cloud or created themselves.

AMPLIFi v2.1 firmware update is available now for AMPLIFi 150, 75 and FX100, and can be downloaded via the AMPLIFi Remote iOS and Android apps, as well as the AMPLIFi Utility for PC. The ASIO driver for PC is available at www.line6.com/software

* Camera Connection Kit required.

This is awesome. However, I noticed that it seems to be making a popping sound every now and then. Any ideas ?

Pops can happen for a lot of different reasons. You may need to adjust the buffer size, or they can be a symptom of a conflict with other hardware. On my laptop, for example, I always disable the internal soundcard in the Device Manager and turn of my network adapter. Those seem to be common sources of issues with USB recording.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am also glad I found this thread, as I was going out tomorrow to buy the 75.  I don't have any desire to use USB for recording.  I liked how simple the XLR out ports were on previous models I owned.  That's really a shame such an obvious feature was excluded.