Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sonic port vx ios through to PC

I am interested in purchasing the sonic port vx. I have a setup that I would like to use and I need to know if this unit can do it. I am looking to run my guitar into my iPad mini then run the iPad mini into my PC DAW. Can the mini usb be used to connect the iPad to the computer for sound or is that port used soley for supplying power to the iPad for charging ? Thank you

You could take the outputs of the sonic port and plug into another computer interface (UX2) "IE" then into your computer or take the output of the ipad into the sonic port and into your computer.

The sonic port vx plugged into a computer will only be able to access any plugins you have in your DAW and nothing on your ipad.

So this is why I am not seeing my sonic port VX when I plug it into my computer or laptop.  I have my iPod still plugged in at the same time.  If I wanted effects to go into my pc from my guitar, I should connect the USB for power, the ipod for effects and take the headphone out from the sonic port back into the line info the computer, and headphones plugged into the ipod to hear myself play.  Or I could run the l/r output to my amp's inputs instead of the headphone from the ipod.  Something to try tonight.

Thank you for the responses! I do run my iPad through a griffin studio connect and then into the focusrite 2i2 into my laptop. I use some of the guitar effects from jamup(bypassing amp models) and use different amp sims in my DAW. I was hoping there was one interface I could use to accomplish this setup. I thought I could do this with sonic port vx!

• 1 month later...