Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

EQ Pedal

a1terrier

Hey Man!

I don't see why you can't try it. IIRC the SJ doesn't have a fx loop but the EQ can certainly be used in front for tonal shaping or even a signal boost.

Brazzy has a SJ and if he's tried it I'm sure he'll be by!

Rock On!

Bill

Thanks Bill

Must say I`m still liking my S~Jam. Bought a Blackstar HT5 a couple of years ago but part-exed it recently with some other stuff to buy a Taylor acoustic.

It sounded ok but got frustrated with not being able to save settings as I can with SJam. Recently bought a used MIM Fender Strat with S Duncans fitted, it sounds awesome through SJam, all the way from jangly cleans to Bad Company odrive

Saw Mick Ralphs with his Blues Band a couple of years ago (£10 admission!!!!) at a local small venue-he was awesome, played a lot of blues standards

and finished off with a couple of Bad Company numbers-awesome night out.

Thanks Bill

Must say I`m still liking my S~Jam. Bought a Blackstar HT5 a couple of years ago but part-exed it recently with some other stuff to buy a Taylor acoustic.

It sounded ok but got frustrated with not being able to save settings as I can with SJam. Recently bought a used MIM Fender Strat with S Duncans fitted, it sounds awesome through SJam, all the way from jangly cleans to Bad Company odrive

I really like the Spider Jam too. Took me while to get to know how to use it and I'm still learning but that's kind why I bought it in the first place, lol. As far as the EQ is concerned, sure why not put between the guitar and amp. When I use the HD500 with it that's basically what I'm doing 'cause I look at the Pod as a kind of Very Elaborate EQ. I was thinking about getting the MXL EQ a long time ago but I just held off 'cause I thought I should take time and really use the Pod first.

I hear ya - I bounce around a bit but end up pulling stuff back out and fall in love again....... Love Mick Ralphs too.

The S-Jam is real nice too - don't have one but have had GAS for one here and there.

-B

I too jump around from the Spider Jam to the DT to the DT with the Pod to the Spider Jam and Pod to the UX2 and Computer to the X3 Pro and Spider Jam and on and on...... LOL. It's fun for me what can I say :)

Hey There Brazzy!

The HD is indeed a big eq :) One of my favorites pedals was the Akai G-Drive (Eq->Drive->Eq) all in one massive tank like pedal. I used to always run a Boss GE-7 (crap and I think I still have a old as sin GE-6) but have had luck with an MXR-6 and have heard good things about the 10 band. Its really the key to get where my ears need things.

BTW I have seen that 12ax7 drive pedal of yours somewhere too :)

-Bill

Hey There Brazzy!

The HD is indeed a big eq :) One of my favorites pedals was the Akai G-Drive (Eq->Drive->Eq) all in one massive tank like pedal. I used to always run a Boss GE-7 (crap and I think I still have a old as sin GE-6) but have had luck with an MXR-6 and have heard good things about the 10 band. Its really the key to get where my ears need things.

BTW I have seen that 12ax7 drive pedal of yours somewhere too :)

-Bill

Sounds like you've had experience with quite few noise makers indeed ;). I still may get that MXR10 someday, lol. That 12ax7 pedal you see there is Persuader from ModKitsDIY. I put that together along with the Persuader Deluxe and the Piledriver. Had fun building them plus they do sound good :).

Sounds like you've had experience with quite few noise makers indeed ;). I still may get that MXR10 someday, lol. That 12ax7 pedal you see there is Persuader from ModKitsDIY. I put that together along with the Persuader Deluxe and the Piledriver. Had fun building them plus they do sound good :).

Sweet I thought that's what it was - good job Brazzy. Call it mojo but the tube seems to give a drive pedal a certain something :)

Pedals ooooh...... don't talk to the ole lady about pedals! After a set I was talking to some local guitar guys and we began with the pedal talk and the wife just shook her head - lol!!!

Gotta have tools in the toolbox, ya know ;)

-B

Hi All

Long time Spider Jam owner here. Was wondering if an eq pedal would work ok with SJam for fine tuning.

Thanks

You may already know this. Thought I would suggest that whenever you want to go into the guitar input of the Spider Jam with say an EQ, Pod, or other you may want to use the "Clean Green" channel with the Drive, Bass, Mid, Treb at the 12 O'clock positions to start. Although there is nothing set in stone here.