Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do i connect my logitech Z3 speakers to my pod UX2?

I have just purchased a line 6 Pod UX2, the licensing and software loaded fine, and the analogue dials are lit up correctly (not flashing), however, there doesn't seem to be any inputs on the back of my logitech Z3 powered speakers to actually connect the UX2 to, is there any way round this or do i have to purchase a new set of speakers which do have the correct inputs on the back of the woofer? I hasve found a vid on youtube showing the unit as follows:

ok, I have unplugged the jack which goes into the back of the green input on the back of the pc, i have then plugged this into an extension cable, i have then attached an adapter at the other end which then plugs into the headphone socket on the UX2 box. I then opened up podfarm, chose an amp, and strummed down on the guitar strings which is connected to the instrument input. Both of the needles were moving, but i am still not getting any sound out of the speakers?

I'm pretty sure i had all the knobs turned up half way last night,  while playing the guitar, both needles are moving, and the green indicators and guitar tuner are responding on the pod farm software, the powered speakers are not connected to the pc, but directly into the headphone socket on the UX2 using a 1/4 inch adaptor.

I guess the question is have you tried it with an amp or headphones? Has it ever worked for you? Its either the unit or the PC.

In Pod Farm can you see the level indicator moving when you play?

Another thing to check is (for Windows at least) check in the Sound Properties that the UX2 is the in and out device.

-B

update: I now have the thing working, don't know what i've done differently since last night, but i've spent the last hour playing around with different amps and delays, like a kid in a candy shop lol, obviously this is just a foot in the door, and the full potential of it is just starting to dawn on me, but thanks for the advice lads, gonna have a lot of fun i can tell already!