Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hi guys comparison between Amplifi TT and FX 100

soulbridge

Someone of you can tell me if there's a difference with the number of effects of each one? 
Line 6's site talk about of 100+ for the FX100 and 70+ for the TT it's right? There are more effects on the FX100?

Then i suppose (for example) that i can use only 70 amps on the TT instead of 100 on the FX100... right?

They are the same units other than the form factor. They both have the same amp, cab, and effect models. I think what you're seeing is a difference in the way they have specs called out on the two product pages.

On the FX100 page, it says:

• Over 200 amps, effects and speaker cabinets

On the TT page, it says:

• 70+ guitar amps, 100+ effects and 20+ speaker cabinets

I don't know why they changed the way it was written for the TT, but they're both exactly the same as far what you can do with the signal chain. The real difference between the FX100 and the TT is that you have the expression pedal on the FX100, and you can access all 25 banks from the hardware itself. On TT, you can only access one bank without connecting with the app or having an FBV Shortboard. You also have an optical digital out on the TT.

• Upvote 1

The TT seems to be missing the FX knob, any reasson for this? I am looking at both units and the TT seems a better fit for my usage, was just wondering about the missing knob.

I forgot about that. But, yeah, I believe they left that off simply to save space on the front panel. I don't think most people would ever miss. All that does is act as a control to whatever effect parameter you assign to it. It can only control one parameter at a time, so it kind of has a very limited use in the first place. With the TT being something designed to use at home or in the studio, there's probably not many situations where you'd use it without having the app open.

I forgot about that. But, yeah, I believe they left that off simply to save space on the front panel. I don't think most people would ever miss. All that does is act as a control to whatever effect parameter you assign to it. It can only control one parameter at a time, so it kind of has a very limited use in the first place. With the TT being something designed to use at home or in the studio, there's probably not many situations where you'd use it without having the app open.

Ok, clear now. Big thanks for this.

I currently have the FX-100 - but the amp out is broken... it's under warranty and I'm having trouble deciding if I want to get a new FX-100 or switch to the TT-100.  I have an FBV MKII shortboard - if I hook it up to the TT, I can switch between the 4 presets within a bank and use the pedal for volume or wah, but I'll give up the bank foot switching, tone and volume knobs.  I normally don't use the wah or footswitch - so I don't think I'll miss it. 

I use the FX-100 to kick on the couch, ipad control is where its at for me - and I have the FBV if ever needed.  I like the additional outs and form factor of the TT.  Until the recent update that enabled USB across all Amplifi devices, the TT's enabled USB port was a big plus over the FX.  Funny how the TT releases just as the update that enables USB comes out?  Thanks Line6! - nice Xmas present for those of us who already have a 75, 100, or 150. 

On that note... with a program like MAX, you should now be able to use the FX-100 as an awesome foot controller for Ableton.  And on that note... Line6, can you please make something like 'Line6 FBV Control' for the FX-100?  This would seal the deal in favor of the FX-100 for me!  As it sits, I think I'm gonna move over to the TT-100.  I love the form factor. 

Does the recent enabling of USB throughout the Amplifi line allow the use of any existing Line6 software?

Hi.

Just to clarify something.  I have a Line 6 Shortboard.  I was thinking about going with the FX100 because I wanted the footswitching and pedal control.  BUT, it seems like you can use the TT in conjunction with the Shortboard and achieve the same results.

IS THIS CORRECT?

Are there any disadvantages to the TT + Shortboard combination over the FX100?

The only one I know of is that the Shortboard uses that goofy CAT5 cable which I absolutely hate.  Well, hate is a strong word.  But I really, really, really don't like that cable setup. 

Anyway, please clarify the differences within each setup please.

Thanks!!

The only one I know of is that the Shortboard uses that goofy CAT5 cable which I absolutely hate.  Well, hate is a strong word.  But I really, really, really don't like that cable setup.

Regular CAT 5 cable sucks.  Try getting a quality cable like the one from these guys.  The best in the business...

http://btpa.com/BT-0964-XXX.html

I currently have the FX-100 - but the amp out is broken... it's under warranty and I'm having trouble deciding if I want to get a new FX-100 or switch to the TT-100.  I have an FBV MKII shortboard - if I hook it up to the TT, I can switch between the 4 presets within a bank and use the pedal for volume or wah, but I'll give up the bank foot switching, tone and volume knobs.  I normally don't use the wah or footswitch - so I don't think I'll miss it.

Just curious, there is no sound coming from the amp out?

Hi.

Just to clarify something.  I have a Line 6 Shortboard.  I was thinking about going with the FX100 because I wanted the footswitching and pedal control.  BUT, it seems like you can use the TT in conjunction with the Shortboard and achieve the same results.

IS THIS CORRECT?

Are there any disadvantages to the TT + Shortboard combination over the FX100?

Anyway, please clarify the differences within each setup please.

Thanks!!

The shortboard (MKII) along with the TT actually offers MORE control than just the FX100 board.  Most notable differences would be the full displpay that will give you patch and bank numbers, one button control of bank switching (pressing the 2 FX100 buttons simultaneously to switch is hard if not impossible for a small foot), and the ability to turn off and on indvidual effects within a chain just like a real stomp box.  Why you hate the CAT5 cable is beyond me?  It works great, it's cheap, easy to cut to your exact length, and carries 6 wires vs the 3 wires of standard TRS 1/4" cable.  Why do you dislike it so?  What did it do to you!  haha  I'm just messing around - to each his own!

Just curious, there is no sound coming from the amp out?

Hey Triryche!  Well - if I crank my amp or PA I can hear a faint crackly guitar signal... so there is sound, but not at all usable.  I talked with a Line6 tech at length about it and he diagnosed it as broken - not working at all like it is supposed to.  Here's the rub.  I bought it used from GC for $200.  I got the 1year extended coverage they offer.  The unit arrived with the AMP OUT broken.  The extended replacement coverage doesn't kick in until the 60 day return policy passes - so I can't use the extended coverage until 12/30.  So I can return it now - but since it was used I would have to pay another $100 for a new one... Or I can wait 60 days and use the coverage for a brand new one... that was my plan.  Then the TT came out - and I actually like that form factor better... so I wanted to trade out for that one - but it's release date has now been pushed back to 1/15/2015...  so I guess I need to return my broken FX100, and just order the TT before my coverage runs out.  So, I'll be out an Amplifi device of any type for at least a couple weeks... or I can stick with the FX100 and get a new one after 12/30/2014 when my GC coverage kicks in.

• 2 weeks later...