Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Valves and pod hd500x

SjPedro

Hello POD HD experts . I have a question that I hope can be answered by your infinite wisdom!

A friend of mine is selling a valve amp head and cabinet that goes with it. For the purpose of his discussion the amp is the Fame T64 Rs which is valve powered .

I was thinking of getting it since he's selling it for very cheap and the and the amp itself is in mint condition. This amp has an fx loop so I was thinking of using this amp for the power and "essence" of the tubes and using the awesome amps of the pod HD. I have seen some videos of the 4 cable method but my question is as follows: can I get the warmth and the power of the tubes and use the amps of the pod hd? And if so , how do I accomplish it?

Thanks in advance for all your replies

I am going to sound really stupid because I haven't used an amp in ages and lately I just use the pod direct to a p.a system , but I'll question it anyway....

How do I plug it all in? What's the best guaranteed way to get good results? I expect I should probably disable cab simulation on the pod as well

i wouldn't disable anything... try plugging the pod into the effects return... and then ignore everything else... craft your ton on the pod....

use the combo output mode on the pod for what would likely be the best results....

however... remember there are no rules... if you prefer the cabs turned off... do it... if you prefer a different output mode... etc etc....

• Upvote 1

Ok so the connection would be guitar -> pod set to max volume in combo output mode

Pod left output to fx return of the amp . Main volume of the amp controls the output

This will bypass the channels of the amp but keep the warmth of the tubes correct?

And redial all the effects to maximize the effectiveness

mostly right...

you might have to work out where to control the volume though... depends on the amp...

some amps the master on the amp wont work... and the pod will be your only control...

but you'll figure out if thats the case quickly...

• Upvote 1

I've never used the pod with an amp, so I don't know. 

But I never got into loops. Everything I ever did was always a straight signal chain. 

That may explain why I needed two of this and three of that, so that I could have an effect before of after another certain effect depending on what I needed. 

But I like the guy that said --- 

there are no rules

Because its so true. Work it anyway you want. Work it different ways. Jimi Henrix took that nasty sounding feedback that used to be against the rules to have, and he turned it into a beautiful creative sound. 

fyi--- 

hooking up my dvd player to my tv was my first real time ever using something that wasn't a straight signal path. 

I hate it. I want to turn something on and use it. But I understand why it needs its own pathway.