Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Changing banks with footswitch

JJ244

when you switch a bank, select a tone while the bank numeral is flashing or the bank will switch back to the prior bank.

Sounds simple, but my assumption was that all you had to do was to press A&B or C&D and the bank would change...and then you would select a tone - one thing at a time. Actually, I still think that's how it should work, but now at least I know.

After 5 videos and the quick start guide, when I still couldn't make it change, I assumed it was a bug and returned it. After the 2nd one, I watched a few more videos and found what I was looking for.

A real manual would have helped.

Sounds simple, but my assumption was that all you had to do was to press A&B or C&D and the bank would change...and then you would select a tone - one thing at a time. Actually, I still think that's how it should work, but now at least I know.

Hi JeffJurs, just trying to understand the confusion. They way you explain it above, is how it works. If you press A&B or C&D, you need to select a patch  (A,B,C, or D) otherwise it will revert to the last patch (and bank) you were on.

I am glad you found the answer you were looking for.

Here is the manual for future reference:

http://line6.com/data/6/0a06439c7556535fca3407b9b/application/pdf/Guide%20Amplifi%20FX100%20-%20English%20%28%20Rev%20A%20%29.pdf

My suggestion is to allow the bank to be selected *without* selecting A-D. Now, you have to select both the bank and one of A-D in order for the change to be made. If A-D is not selected, the bank resets back to the original.

Per your suggestion, there would have to be a default preset to load, for example A, so if you bank up or down and stop, then it loads preset A of the current bank?

Then there would need to be a time limit, otherwise every bank you scroll thru will potentially load preset A of that bank, causing many unnecessary loading of presets.