Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD500X on sale at Guitar Center for $360

stumblinman

Wow! That is so cheap! Over in the UK the best price I have seen is £359 - which is way way more than $360.

I have seen it on ebay for less - in the £200 range but when I click on the ad info I find out that it is from the USA and the price in dollars is still about $430!!  Then there is the international shipping to add to that!

If I was in the USA, I would have to buy one at $360 as a back up to my current HD500.     But unfortunately, I am not - so I will just have to stick with my HD500.   :)

of course, the obvious answer is NAMM and new stuff. Combined with every major retailer discounting items for christmas --- or whatever the pc term for it is. 

But, Best Buy (who's ceo left to go run guitar center) is also having some major sales on music gear. The catch is - its unadvertised and is on a per store basis. So you may find a Gibson Les Paul, I may find a Marshall. 

I know, I know, I know. BEST BUY? But yes, actual gear, not the Maestro and other generic stuff that they normally stock. 

Sounds like Line6 is blowing them out... Is it possible we will see the next generation POD at NAMM? Less than 2 months and we will know!

It is not happening in the UK - they are still the usual price over here. Seems like it is just a USA price war going on between some retailers following Black Friday and Cyber Monday and the run up to Christmas.  Besides which Digital_Igloo confirmed it has nothing to do with Line6.

No, in the UK we have things like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Line-6-POD-HD500X/dp/B00DXGMU0Q/ref=sr_1_2 

Yep - that is really an Amazon page with an HD500X priced at £714.14,  :wacko: but at least it includes free shipping!

The more normal price is on a related item link at £419.  The best UK price I can see is also £359 which after VAT is deducted it is $470 (US) at current rates.