Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Songs Done With Podfarm/toneport Units?

Hi guys.  I have owned Line 6 gear for years.  I remember the old Line 6 forum a few years back, before this one, and I used to go there and listen to tons of songs people would post links to.  So on these newer forums people don't post their songs anymore.  Not sure if Line 6 put a stop to that here or not. I remember they used to have a link to the old forum and I used to still go there and find links to songs, but those links began to dry up because of people changing their sites and such.

So, where can folks go now to hear what people have done with their Podfarm using Line 6 units?  I like to download a bunch of these songs on my mp3 player and I love having a folder full of songs all done with the same units I am using to record.  If there are really no dedicated sites for recordings of Posfarm songs, maybe Line 6 would let us start a single thread at least here.  Or if not, could you guys send me in the right direction?

Also, one more question.  Is podfarm and Gearbox equivalent in actual sound quality?  I realize Pod farm has many capabilities that gearbox doesn't have, but it's the actual sound quality I am concerned with.  I don't use 30 amp modls and such like that, so gearbox is actually overkill as far as functions, but if it does record with the exact same quality then that would be what is most important to me and would mean I would want gearbox downloaded on my computer just because I am so familiar with it.

Thanks

You can still search the old forums, most of the songs are in the Lounge.

http://line6.com/community/community/general_discussion/lounge?view=discussions&start=0

Sonic-wise Gearbox and POD Farm 1 are identical, however, Gearbox is not really soppurted anymore for the Toneports, there is a free upgrade to POD Farm 1.12, but if it still works for you than you're not missing anything as sound-wise.

Gearbox is still the Editor for the xt and X3 series.

Hi.  Thatforum link only shows up as complicated html code, no forums. 

You can still search the old forums, most of the songs are in the Lounge.

http://line6.com/community/community/general_discussion/lounge?view=discussions&start=0

Sonic-wise Gearbox and POD Farm 1 are identical, however, Gearbox is not really soppurted anymore for the Toneports, there is a free upgrade to POD Farm 1.12, but if it still works for you than you're not missing anything as sound-wise.

Gearbox is still the Editor for the xt and X3 series.

I'm just finishing up production work on my 2nd CD - all electric guitar parts (and some bass parts) on it are done either with my Spider IV 75 or PodFarm.  Mastered versions of the songs are not posted yet, but you can sample the demo songs on my reverbnation site:  http://www.reverbnation.com/mikebirchmusic