Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplify Firmware update Failed Amp lights blinking

glip

Sorry you ran into trouble, glip. All 4 tone lights flashing is “recovery mode”. It is the intended behavior after a failed update.

Bluetooth works in recovery mode, but the pairing from before the failed update is not maintained. Users must press the BT button and repair from the smart device’s BT menu.

A user must power the unit while holding Tone+Tap (75/150 amps or TT) or A+C (FX100) to use the PC updater.

Please try that and let us know how you fare.

I tried to update my Amplifi 75 and it did not work.  I held down tap and down while turning the unit on and let go after I heard the pop.  I hooked the unit up to my PC with a USB cable and launched the Amplifi Utility.  I selected the latest version 2.10.00 and click install and after it started it said "Downloading Firmware Update" for about 1 second until it switched to "Installing Firmware Update".  That seems suspiciously short for downloading a firmware update since I thought I saw somewhere that it is several hundred MB in size.  I let it run overnight which did not work.  The unit just sat there with the 4 A/B/C/D lights constant on and the progress bar in the utility didn't move at all.  I tried to start the install again but couldn't get the pop to happen when turning the unit on as previously mentioned but was able to restart the install via the app with the same results so far?  Any ideas on this?  I guess I could try via my phone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

purchased today have same problem sick of computer problems updating products-will be sending it back If I carnt sort, buying was easy using is always a different matter-never had these problems with my spider jam.they call this progress-hope to sort but not very confident-I have the flashing lights now been going for 20 mins-couldn't get lights off for second try at install-will it be stuck forever?????

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having this issue too, and when i try to pair through bt its coming up as amplifi_75_of.... but its an amplifi 150. Ive tried to update using iphone, ipad and pc and it still keeps going to recovery mode. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having all of the above issues. The flashing lights, the solid lights. The reason I was told to try an update in the first place was the app wasn't even allowing to change tones either in search or in the presets. Now, nothing is working at all. It seems like from what I'm reading and the reviews, it's simply a device for troubleshooting and not actually using to jam. I forgot I bought it as an amp, really frustrating.

I tried hooking the Amplifii TT unit up directly to a computer to do the update, and the update failed.  Flashing lights.  I followed Line 6's suggestion and I ended up having to borrow a buddy's I-pad and install the APP and then connect to the unit and did the most current update going that route.  After the update everything was working well and I was able to operate the unit successfully with my android phone without many issues (other than Bluetooth loses connection from time to time - Aarrrgh !).

FYI Amplifii TT users -  if you have the Amplifii TT unit and you use the 1/4" jack from the back of the unit and go straight into the amp from the back of the unit - your music will not come through the amp to jam to - and it's actually designed this way.  the music you want to jam to will only be sent through the RCA jacks or the optical output.  That one had me stumped until their tech person said "Ya, it wont work that way".

Well unfortunately same problem for me.  I updated my phone to the latest iOS.  Made sure the Amplifi app was up to date.  Then tried to update the Amplifi to 2.10 and now I have four flashing lights.  On here trying to figure out what to do next.  I don't think I have a USB adapter with the correct plug I need for the Amplifi so looks like I'll be without the Amplifi for a while again.  I didn't want to update to the latest firmware because I was afraid something like this would happen but it kept telling me it was disconnected from the device when I was trying to jam along with music on the bluetooth and I thought it could be due to the fact I was running an older firmware (it would connect initially and work normaly, edit mode worked, but always after the first song finished playing it would tell me it's disconnected even though the next song started playing).  How can it be disconnected from the device when a song is playing from my phone via bluetooth??  Song is playing via bluetooth but the app isn't controlling the amp, tuner doesn't work, etc.  Anyway the frustration with this product continues...

edit - Seems like the thing to do is get the correct USB cable I need and update via PC.  Will work on that later this afternoon.  And yes I was having the same problem with losing the connection while playing songs with bluetooth and I've done everything correctly, I'm not completely inept when it comes to IT issues, this is B$ on Line 6's part.  One problem after the other with this thing lately, very dissatisfied.  

Well unfortunately same problem for me.  I updated my phone to the latest iOS.  Made sure the Amplifi app was up to date.  Then tried to update the Amplifi to 2.10 and now I have four flashing lights.  On here trying to figure out what to do next.  I don't think I have a USB adapter with the correct plug I need for the Amplifi so looks like I'll be without the Amplifi for a while again.  I didn't want to update to the latest firmware because I was afraid something like this would happen but it kept telling me it was disconnected from the device when I was trying to jam along with music on the bluetooth and I thought it could be due to the fact I was running an older firmware (it would connect initially and work normaly, edit mode worked, but always after the first song finished playing it would tell me it's disconnected even though the next song started playing).  How can it be disconnected from the device when a song is playing from my phone via bluetooth??  Song is playing via bluetooth but the app isn't controlling the amp, tuner doesn't work, etc.  Anyway the frustration with this product continues...

edit - Seems like the thing to do is get the correct USB cable I need and update via PC.  Will work on that later this afternoon.  And yes I was having the same problem with losing the connection while playing songs with bluetooth and I've done everything correctly, I'm not completely inept when it comes to IT issues, this is B$ on Line 6's part.  One problem after the other with this thing lately, very dissatisfied.  

Update:  

Good news!  The USB cable and PC utility did the trick!  Pretty much the instructions on this site for doing this are correct, I would just add that after you install and run the utility it will tell you to plug in the USB cable and when you connect it to the computer it takes 10 minutes to find the driver from Windows Update.  Now I don't know if that was specific to my computer but when I installed the utility it did say USB drivers so maybe that was something specific to my computer but if you get that message on the lower right of the taskbar then leave it alone until it's done installing.  So now I have 2.10 installed on the amp, 2.50 installed on my phone and iOS 9.02 and all is good.  The amp and app is working good and so far no disconnects when jamming along with music using bluetooth.  The past 4 weeks I was starting to think I was never getting this thing working again.  So glad it's operational and I can start enjoying it once again. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry you ran into trouble, glip. All 4 tone lights flashing is “recovery modeâ€. It is the intended behavior after a failed update.

Bluetooth works in recovery mode, but the pairing from before the failed update is not maintained. Users must press the BT button and repair from the smart device’s BT menu.

A user must power the unit while holding Tone+Tap (75/150 amps or TT) or A+C (FX100) to use the PC updater.

Please try that and let us know how you fare.

Updating to 2.050 I got interrupted and was left was 4 blinking lights. I reconnected the Bluetooth on my iPhone and the lights stop blinking and my connection was back ( no function thou😕) I restarted the device update on my iPhone and left it to resolve...

Hope this help everyone else.

I have to add to anyone reading this thread, it's worth the few dollars to get the USB cable and update via PC.  It's so fast and I had no problems.  Just needed some time for the USB to install from the Microsoft Drivers but I think that was an issue specific to my computer.  I waited for that to complete (took a while) but after that the update went smoothly and the next time I updated it I had no problems, it was done 1,2,3, following the instructions provided. 

• 3 weeks later...

OK Really getting tired of so called plug n play crap. just bought the amplify 150 and it will not update the firmware. I downloaded and ran the Line 6 updater... my PC recognizes its there. But I put it in update mode turning it off and on holding down tone and tap bla bla bla.... and the POS still won't re-flash. Im ready to ship it back. Anyone got a fix? Thanks very much. Line 6 is no help what so ever. without the tech functioning properly this is just an expensive solid state amp worthless as far as I can see.

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

You can either try to flash with the iPhone, BT works in recovery mode but you need to re-pair the connection (forget it on the phone, press the BT pairing button on he AMPLIFi)

Or you can try the Line6 Updater via USB which works with Mac.

Flashing VIA USB is much faster than BT.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys,

wanted to share my resolution with you:

History:

1. FM-Update via Line6Utility was interruptet (Win10x64): after that Amplifi was still usable but no firmware was showed in the Line6Utility and no update was possible. Even with Factory Reset and Update mode

2. Installed the newer Line6Update-tool and the newest driver (not sure if the driver was necessary): Amplifi wasn't found

3. Tried Update via Android device with newest App at the time (2.5 or so): the update started but was interrupted...after that amplifi was in recovery mode and not any longer usable (panic comes over me)

4. Trying again with the android app: connecting was possible but no update because it said, I had to update via updatetool

5. Tried all the steps again but with a previous deinstall-install action of all the tools: no difference

6. changed USB-Cable and port (there was no USB-hub between the Amplifi and the pc at all the time)

6. Finally  I use my laptop with win7x64 and installed the older Line6Utility: It worked...the firmware that was shown was 2.5...with an f at the end (maybe for fail?)...what ever...here the update worked perfectly

sry for my bad english...hope you can use this information...

• 4 months later...

Hello guys,

wanted to share my resolution with you:

History:

1. FM-Update via Line6Utility was interruptet (Win10x64): after that Amplifi was still usable but no firmware was showed in the Line6Utility and no update was possible. Even with Factory Reset and Update mode

2. Installed the newer Line6Update-tool and the newest driver (not sure if the driver was necessary): Amplifi wasn't found

3. Tried Update via Android device with newest App at the time (2.5 or so): the update started but was interrupted...after that amplifi was in recovery mode and not any longer usable (panic comes over me)

4. Trying again with the android app: connecting was possible but no update because it said, I had to update via updatetool

5. Tried all the steps again but with a previous deinstall-install action of all the tools: no difference

6. changed USB-Cable and port (there was no USB-hub between the Amplifi and the pc at all the time)

6. Finally  I use my laptop with win7x64 and installed the older Line6Utility: It worked...the firmware that was shown was 2.5...with an f at the end (maybe for fail?)...what ever...here the update worked perfectly

sry for my bad english...hope you can use this information...

so the malfunction is related to Win10x64

I have the same bad experience with the amplify 150 flash

So now i should look for an older windows os setup?

I'm seeing something on my 150 that I haven't read about yet... Like most people on here, I've had the issue of disconnecting and recovery mode. I keep updating via USB (Mac) and it immediately goes into recovery mode. Finally got it to work last night, but as soon as I opened the app it went back into recovery mode.

Went through that whole thing again, but this time, instead of going into recovery mode, the "A" channel flashed a few times followed by a steady "A" and "D" channel lights. Turned it on this morning just for kicks and grins and its in recovery mode again...

Has anyone else seen this happen? I'm just getting tired of not being able to play with what should be a fun practice amp...

I turned my AMP on today it it now has this problem. 4 Flashing lights and if I start in recovery mode and try and downgrade/upgrade the same result happens (4 Flashing lights). First 'A' light comes on for 1 second, and then all 4 lights flash on and off.

I have tried 2 Computers and 2 USB cables with the same result. Have yet to try Windows 7 though.

HELP!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Same problem here. I wanted to play music last night, iPad was connected but got kick out of Bluetooth and then 4 lights blinking. Tried to reinstall the update with iPad, didn't work. Tried with Mac air, looked good but didn't solve it... I tried to factory reset... Nothing

I love the idea of this amp but I can't believe all the problems I had to go through with it, between the Bluetooth malfunctions, this recovery mode issue...

• 5 months later...

Any updates or resolution:  My amp is experiencing the same difficulties.  Used it fine this morning for a practice session.  Came back this afternoon, turned it on, and it was immediately in "recovery mode".

Failed update with the iPhone.  Plugged it into a Mac laptop with a USB cable.  Cycled the power while holding the tone and tap buttons,  Updated the firmware (twice now).  The unit immediately goes back into recovery mode after the update is complete.

Anyone out there that can help with this issue.  This amp has been used twice in the six months I've had it!