Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplify Firmware update Failed Amp lights blinking

glip

Mine is having the same issue now.  Does anyone from Line6 actually have an update on this.  Was working fine then all of a sudden after a restart 4 flashing lights.  Tried to re-install the update.  Went to a past update.  Tried the restart with both buttons pressed to no avail. 

I guess I have a brick now.  No wonder I have just stuck with regular tube and solid state amps over the years.  This is way to much work just to simply play!!!! 

Q: How can I reset the AMPLIFi to its default settings?

A: To perform a factory reset and restore a AMPLIFi 75, 150, or TT to factory settings press and hold Master Volume knob and Tone button as you power up the unit, keep holding them both down until you see the LED's around the Master Volume knob light up. To perform a factory reset and restore the AMPLIFi FX100 to factory settings press and hold the Master Volume knob and the TAP button as you power up the unit, keep holding them both until you see '01' in the LED display.

• 2 months later...

Same as mine...Seems anyone updating their amps getts the same response? Ive been contacting Line 6 since it began and I TRIED Everything they said including a new computer to update my amp.  STILL the SOLID...not FLASHING Lights on the AMPs ABCD.....NOT FLASHING SOLID LIT....

DOES THAT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCES THAT THEY ARE NOT FLASHING??????????

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone – Just wanted to share my steps to a successful Firmware update on a TT unit.

Have experienced the same frustrating flashing Tone LEDs after all attempts in updating the Firmware using an iOS device over Bluetooth, Win 7 and Win 10 on different computers using several known good quality USB cables including updating directly from a saved local file etc… all approaches resulted in the same issue.  As part of the last attempt, after getting the dreaded flashing lights result again, I powered off the unit and did a Factory reset as described by lurentbigboss; “To perform a factory reset and restore a AMPLIFi 75, 150, or TT to factory settings press and hold Master Volume knob and Tone button as you power up the unit, keep holding them both down until you see the LED's around the Master Volume knob light up. To perform a factory reset and restore the AMPLIFi FX100 to factory settings press and hold the Master Volume knob and the TAP button as you power up the unit, keep holding them both until you see '01' in the LED display.â€

Once the LED’s around the Master Volume knob turned on,  the flashing Tone LEDs stopped!! The unit returned to normal operations.

So far after a number of power cycles all is still working fine – Hope this works for everyone.    

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried to update my Amplifi_150 from 2.50.2 to 2.60.0 today.

Used the same PC and USB cable I have used for previous updates.

Selected the firmware from the remote server, acknowledged the license acceptance, and started the update.

Within a few seconds it went from "Updating" to "Update Failed". Recycled the power only for the four tone LED's to start flashing and my SB MII pedal board to lockup.

Downloaded the update file. Recycled the Amp while pressing the Tone and Tap buttons together. Attempted to update from the local file option. Exact same response.

Tried to upload the previous version (2.50.2) same problems.

Tried to use another computer. Exact same problems.

I managed to connect my Ipad Air via Bluetooth. Attempted to update to 2.60.0.  Update crapped out.

Attempted to upload previous 2.50.2 firmware. This appears to be uploading but very slow progress.

Can we deduce from this that V2.60.0 is corrupted??

The file I downloaded locally, using Google Chrome and not Microsoft Edge, claims to be only a few hundred kbits in size.

If this upload of 2.50.2 is successful but all my patches are gone I will be somewhat pissed.

Regards

Nidge

• 8 months later...

Hey all... any new updates on this issue? I recently powered up my TT for the first time in a long while. Via Android app and BT I was able to go from a 2.50 to 2.60 version, then it offered me 2.61 after that was complete. The 2.61 failed to apply via BT... didn't really even look like it was trying. Hooked it up via USB to Windows 10, got the driver sorted and Updater. Try to apply the 2.61 and basically same thing - it just fails. FWIW I did do the master reset before attempting the 2.61.

Anyway, my 2.60 applied just fine. It's 2.61 that I'm having an issue with. Any ideas? Has anyone managed to get their TT to 2.61?

Another FWIW... I downloaded the 2.61 .tmf firmware image and tried to update manually (choose file option) and that also failed.

Cheers,

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Same as mine...Seems anyone updating their amps getts the same response? Ive been contacting Line 6 since it began and I TRIED Everything they said including a new computer to update my amp.  STILL the SOLID...not FLASHING Lights on the AMPs ABCD.....NOT FLASHING SOLID LIT....

DOES THAT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCES THAT THEY ARE NOT FLASHING??????????

Did you get anywhere with this?

My Amplifi 75 was like this out of the box.  Line6 run through basic troubleshooting but I couldnt actually get anywhere as never do Lights flash, they are just solid.

They advised me to contact Australian distributor.. 800KM away :-(

So 4 weeks struggling to get time to use it, finally do and another week to find that out of the box it is dead.  guessing I will be shipping it somewhere at my expense :-(

on the upside, it is well and truly IN warranty!

• 10 months later...

Having same issue with Amplifi 150.  I turn it on and 4 flashing lights.  I have tried updating with a Mac Pro Late 2013 as well as a Windows 10 system with no luck... Also attempted updating with iPad 2 as well as iPad Air 2 everything with latest patches installed.   No luck.. Help!  

Having the same problem. Was going along fine using my apple air 2 to play backing tracks via bluetooth for two years and then it went into recovery mode. Hooked up my laptop with a USB cable and the driver was bad. Don't know how all of a sudden the driver could be bad. Downloaded a new driver and the updater would finally recognize the Amplifi 150. Installed the latest 2.6 update and everything seemed to work fine for the next hour. Came back a few hours later and it's in recovery mode again. Tried an older update and it is still in recovery mode. Can't find the serial number so I couldn't put in a support ticket. Did my tablet automatically update the software without me asking? If so, then it's got to be some type of bug on Line 6's part. I didn't do anything. Now I think it's a $500 brick. I've searched everything and done everything the experts have said. It's not me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh. We feel your pain. As you've probably noticed, you're not the first person this has happened to...

Isn't there a label with the S/N somewhere on your Amplifi? If you can find that, you might find that Line 6 will work with you on a resolution, at least to minimize the cost of your brick...

iOS devices can auto-update, but that's under your control. It seems unlikely that it was an app update, however, as there hasn't been one (that I know of) in quite some time...

• 3 months later...

Hi All, 

I was very upset as my ampli 150 became into sh**  after updating via Bluetooth. 

I read a lot of posts, and after 20 or more attempts it went very good. so I have my ampli back :) 

so, Hereby I want to share with you . 

1) look up for a spare iPhone (different that one where the update falied) 

2) pair it, Install your app, and then flash it using a 2.50.2 version

3) I took a three hour nap and my ampli was alive again :) 

apologies in advance for my bad english, Just wanted to share with you, in case it helps. This was very frustrating. 

• 9 months later...

I'm having this same issue however I didn't update the firmware. I was just playing and it just stopped working with blinking lights.

Over the weekend, i tried to update the unit both method, iphone, ipad and direct USB to computer. 

Ipad/iphone said updating but the Bluetooth light would go out on the amplifi and would come back and say failed, device not connected.

USB/Computer stated unit found, updates device, device reboots then its the same result and ABCD blinking lights. 

I have tried different computers, different power cord, different outlets and still the same result. 

What are my next steps in this matter?