Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Deleting Presets

You can't actually delete presets. You replace them with other presets. If you want, you can create a preset that you consider to be 'empty' and use that to replace any preset you want to delete.

A preset is nothing but a bunch of 1s and 0s stored in an organized and structured fashion in your device's memory space. That space is necessarily occupied by some set of 1s and 0s, and the device makes sure that the information that is stored conforms to the required structure and represents a valid definition of a preset. So the only way to actually delete a preset would be to remove the associated physical memory, which is actually some small subset of a single memory chip inside the device. Actually trying to do this, of course, would be ridiculous.

You can delete presets (files) from the folder that contains the presets, and then, only send to the unit the presets that you want to have there.

I started out with my HD500X with 0 presets on board, the editor came with a gazillian, and I only loaded onto the unit what I wanted.