Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Unplug the HD500X ?, Chorus Bof, firmware update=nosounds, how to know if ...

Segomil

Hi

Ok I know that I have to Connect the Power Supply to the HD500X  ... but & They Said to turn it off to : UNPLUG IT ???

Do I have to unplug it each time that i use it or not ? ...because i really REALLY do not like that !

... What is the danger of leaving it RUN all the time ?  :mellow:

***Each time i connect the power cable, a little yellow light flash (in the socket) for a fraction of second, ...is this is normal ?***  :angry:

I must made a choice : 

Always let the HD500X run OR disconnect the beast 3 times a day ???

Another thing : I do not like the chorus of the HD500X , my old Digitech DSP256 have a really great chorus & believe me, even after 25 years ... a shame ...something is wrong ... why i cannot reach the sound that i have had in 1989-92 !?! ( I STILL HAVE MY 4 TRACK K7 )  :angry: 

Which are the good chorus pedals right now to compensate for the weakness of HD500x (not too expensive ) ??? because all my cash has been spent on the HD500X  ;) 

Oh after the firmware update v1.32 , some presets has no sounds maybe a dozens of them or more ... why ?  :angry:

& After 3 weeks (today) i still not received my VARIAX JTV-89F ... but i stay patient !  -_-

Last thing : About the variax Jtv-89f that i wait for, i need to know how the guitar will be shiped :

I mean HOW TO KNOW IF IT'S NOT A DEMO (A USED ONE) ... What the real way to know this ...it's important for me , even if i have asked to my local dealer to have the guitar Variax directly from Line 6 ; i have doubt ...I hope that it will be not the case !  B)

Can i join Line 6 staff to know from them if my orders is on his way ? ... it is my right not?   :ph34r:  

Thank you all

***THE CHORUS-THE PHANTOM POWER-THE POWER CONNEXION

It’s very important for me ... because

After 25 years i return to music with my box full of 4 track K7 of my compositions... 1989-1992

But i cannot have the sound that i had in these time when i had the Digitech DSP256... for me is the best DSP that i ever had !

I need to have the same ''chorus sounds'' to retrieve my GREAT & PERSONAL guitar sound, if it's possible

I just bought the Lime 6 HD500X (for my VAriax Guitar) but the chorus do not do the job...very disappointed.

What i have to do because i spent a part of my budget on the line 6 product ... do you have a Dsp or pedal which can reach the superb sound of the DSP256 ???

3 thing why the HD500X is a disappointed multi effects :

No phantom power included in the HD500X for my RODE mic NT1-A .. my UR22 have phantom power icluded...So i must spent more money to get a phantom power.

** The Chorus can't reach the super sound of the Digitech DSP 256 & this 25 years after or later. (VERY STRANGE for Hi-Tech revolutions) So i must spent more money to get a good chorus pedal or DSP. (surely a digitech)

***The power connection have no switch to start or close the ""beast"" a shame...So i must spent more money to get a descent switchable power strip : A SHAME !

It's very expensive after all ...

Do I have to unplug it each time that i use it or not ? ... What is the danger of leaving it RUN all the time ?

-  I often leave mine on for days with no ill effects.  I suggest you get a decent switchable power strip and use that to turn it on and off.

Which are the good chorus pedals right now to compensate for the weakness of HD500x (not too expensive ) ??? 

-  I too find the chorus not up to par.  I recently got a Zoom MS-70 CDR to go in the FX loop.  It has a ton of great chorus models and it is about $120.

Oh after the firmware update v1.32 , some presets has no sounds maybe a dozens of them or more ... why ? 

-  check to make sure that the inputs are right.  Sometimes things change during an update.  Does the patch have a volume pedal?  Make sure you use it...

Can i join Line 6 staff to know from them if my orders is on his way ? ... it is my right not?

-  nope.  this is a user forum for us users to help each other.  You need to check with the retailer that sold you the guitar, not Line 6.

• Upvote 3

Thank you a lot Radatats ... very appreciate !

***Your suggestion about a decent switchable power strip is a really great idea ; thanks !

***About the muted preset....the muted presets start at ***9A to 15A*** but it seems to be intended for microphones.
Maybe it's the reason of their silence because the only thing i heard are parasite.
& when i ajust the mic level behind the HD500X the parasite disappears !
Maybe they are more muted presets i do not know !
Am I right ?
  • Upvote 1

Hi talwilkins

Dimension ? What is that ?

Yes it's a good chorus but not enough for me 

It’s very important for me ... because
After 25 years i return to music with my box full of 4 track K7 of my compositions... 1989-1992

But i cannot have the sound that i had in these time when i had the Digitech DSP256... for me is the best DSP that i ever had !
I need to have the same ''chorus sounds'' to retrieve my GREAT & PERSONAL guitar sound, if it's possible
I just bought the Lime 6 HD500X (for my VAriax Guitar) but the chorus do not do the job...very disappointed.

What i have to do because i spent a part of my budget on the line 6 product ... do you have a Dsp or pedal which can reach the superb sound of the DSP256 ???

3 thing why the HD500X is a disappointed multi effects :

* No phantom power included in the HD500X for my RODE mic NT1-A .. my UR22 have phantom power icluded...So i must spent more money to get a phantom power.
** The Chorus can't reach the super sound of the Digitech DSP 256 & this 25 years after or later. (VERY STRANGE for Hi-Tech revolutions) So i must spent more money to get a good chorus pedal or DSP. (surely a digitech)

***The power connection have no switch to start or close the ""beast"" a shame...So i must spent more money to get a descent switchable power strip : A SHAME !

It's very expensive after all ...

• 2 weeks later...

I got screwed by line 6 ... ***what have you done to me***

In 1989-1992  i worked hard to do great musical composition with : tascam 644, Atari 1040 ste, Korg M1, Ibanez Blazer 470, DSP256 ect ... & i stop everything in 1992 !
I still have all of my compositions in a box : K7 (audio) + floppy disk (midi)

In 2014 i decide to recover everything that i have done in this time.
But i needed new equipment.. so this summer i started the second phase of my project & this 22 years after.

Variax was a great tool to creativity. So i ordered a jtv89f 5 weeks ago !

***After 5 weeks of waiting***, I just received the line 6 variax jtv89f red blood...  One hour before i received a call from my music store telling me that the variax was arrived.

After 5 weeks I was excited !
November 20, I had asked my music store to order a brand new variax guitar directly from line 6... ( 5 WEEKS of WAITING ) ...

I repeat : I had asked my music store to order a brand new variax guitar directly from line 6

Arrived at the music store, the salesman will look for the variax to me..
The variax is in its box, he asked me if i want to see the guitar, i said : OH YEAH !
The box is well sealed with the line 6 tapes.

***But inside the finding is terrifying : the flexibe black case is terribly dirty (A LOT) ( now i know it's not a brand new one) THE CASE HAS NO line 6 LOGO ...
I open the case : the guitar is heavily dirty with dirt & with hands & finger marks***

***I WAS BERSERK*** I got screwed by line 6 !

The salesman asked to call the responsible salesman of the sale : ***& he saw the variax as we saw it ,and asked to refund me right away***

The music store is not responsible of this mess ... ***YOU line 6 you have made me lose five weeks and now it's the Christmas holidays and I have nothing for my musical work*** I still lose time now : THANK YOU !

How dare you do this to me ?
Do you now what 5 WEEKS IS + NOTHING FOR THE NEXT WEEKS BECAUSE I HAVE TO SHOP AGAIN

Are you stupid or you think am I ?

Why James Tyler has give his name to the dirty line 6 lollipop !

Believe me line 6, i will find james tyler on youtube or everywhere on the net to tell him my story : ENOUGH IT'S ENOUGH
this post will be everywhere on youtube video on the comment section.

The salesman at the music store have try to fix the problem by offering me another Variax jtv69 (a used one) AT A GOOD PRICE...***a discount of $700*** but I still repeat it again: I WANT A BRAND NEW ONE 89F & ***NOT THIS DIRTY USED 69***

I just wrote to James Tyler website ...

... ****I regret having bought the HD500X it a month ago, because I cannot return it for a refund  ... it was for the Variax ... I am stuck with this lollipop now***