Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

SYNC In PROGRESS

bayoubill

I have a HD500x

I am trying to set the footswitchs and effects. I watch videos and when they turn the knobs and the cusor moves immediately. On mine when I turn or try to scroll the knobs I get SYNC IN PROGRESS in the window and a delay. I can't take that much time to change something on a gig 

Windows 7 Service Pack1 
Dell Studio XPS 435 MT X64 
i7 CPU 2.67 GHz   4 Core 

If you are editing directly on the device, shut down Hd500 Edit program and disconnect the HD500 from the computer.

The message you are getting, and the delay you are experiencing, is because the edit program is trying to remain synchronized with the device. When running Edit, don't touch the device; when using the device to edit, don't' run the Edit program.

It sounds risky to me to count on using your HD500x tonight. You probably need more time to get familiar with it. Do you have a backup plan?

At the very least, I would not use the HD500X Edit program for now. Learn to edit using only the device, and disconnect it from your computer. This will eliminate the delay and the sync messages.

never use untested gear. 

I had my pod months before I used it outside of the house. First practice. Then a "open mic". Then a little show that didn't matter. 

Hell, I still am not 100% pod'd. 

For some things, I am all pod, but others, I am still using my old stuff. Because, like you, I just don't have the time to learn everything all at one time. Especially since this old dog has been doing the same trick for 30 years. 

But, yes, I concur with the other guy: 

it sync's when you are connected. Disconnect. 

• 2 years later...

But editing in both the editor and on the device was possible before, and back than I don't recall it causing syncing problems. 

It's not guaranteed, but the chance of sync problems increases. I remember using the editor and the expression pedal simultaneously all the time and very rarely, if ever, encountered any sync problems. So it's not necessarily a positive or negative result.