Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 150 USB recording = No dice

jkilgour

Mac OX 10.6.8

Logic Studio 9

Updated the 150 last night to the latest version. Connected to the computer via USB. I don't see the 150 as an option to record from. It's the same USB cable I use to record from my HD500x, but for giggles, I tried another cable. Still nothing.

I updated the Monkey app, and it doesn't see the Amplifi either.  What am I missing? 

John

After firmware update, factory reset, my Amplifi 150, connected with USB to a Macbook Pro 15 under Mavericks (10.9.5) and running Cubase Element 7, can record without problem. Tested with an iPod connected on the rear line in, I can record both play-back and guitar sound on a stereo track. Tested also with 2 audio tracks recorded one by one, rhythm with one sound, solo with another. Looks good, works fine, thank you Line6. Just need to find a way to use the headphone output as a line output with a mix of the playback and the guitar sound. Maybe a turnover with the USB audio is possible ! If someone has an idea :-)

Eric from Paris - France

Is the factory reset procedure where I power up the device while holding down the Volume button? If so, then yes.

It's OK, I'm going to file this under the "wasn't meant to be" category, and just use analog for recording via headphone out. Thanks for all your help

Dont know if this helps but I had a similar issue yesterday that got resolved.

Issue was - performed the firmware update on Amplifi 150 successfully (although did NOT perform factory reset). Connected USB cable to PC (Windows 7) and tried to hook into Ableton Live 9 Lite. No cigar! Ableton did not see Amplifi - it did however still see my GX and HD 500.

I noted that when I connected Amplifi to the PC I did see a driver successfully install - I suspect this was a generic USB driver installation.That is what had me scratching my head. Contacted Line 6 support and they stated I needed to download the Amplifi driver at ... http://line6.com/software/

Choose Amplifi 150 as the Product, Drivers as the software you want to pull and your OS. Execute the download..... 

I went back into Ableton and result! It saw Amplfi!

Configure the input and output and off you go! Works sweet as a nut.

Hope this helps.

VBR

Peter

• Upvote 2

I'm using a MacBook pro 10.6.8 os. Amplifi 75. I've tried everything I can think of and the amp is still not seen in the sound settings. There is however something called procasteraudioredirector. Which does nothing when selected.

Is it possible that my so has auto installed the wrong driver? I'm really wanting to get this working now as I've had the amp a week. Was delighted to see that usb had been engaged for recording (well done line6 it's a great product with that feature being the icing on the cake). However since buying the amp I've done nothing but bang my head against the wall since. Really want to get this working and productive.

Please someone. Help!!

I DO NOT know the MAC OS but I would think it would require a specific driver as in Windows.

After I completed the Amplifi 2.1 firmware update I was not able to see the Amplifi in any of my recording software on a Windows 8 PC.

After searching here, I was reminded about the Windows driver. After I downloaded and installed the Windows driver 1.64 the Amplifi was seen by my Windows 8 PC and Propellerhead and Adobe Soundbooth software. I also must add that the recordings made were far superior than the ones I have done on my Spider Jam.

Now if Line 6 could fix the bugs and design of BOTH the IOS and Android apps the Amplifi would be great instead of just OK!

I'm using a MacBook pro 10.6.8 os. Amplifi 75. I've tried everything I can think of and the amp is still not seen in the sound settings. There is however something called procasteraudioredirector. Which does nothing when selected.

Is it possible that my so has auto installed the wrong driver? I'm really wanting to get this working now as I've had the amp a week. Was delighted to see that usb had been engaged for recording (well done line6 it's a great product with that feature being the icing on the cake). However since buying the amp I've done nothing but bang my head against the wall since. Really want to get this working and productive.

Please someone. Help!!

I've just tried this on a Mac running 10.7 so and it worked fine! Weird

• 2 weeks later...

Mac OX 10.6.8

Logic Studio 9

Updated the 150 last night to the latest version. Connected to the computer via USB. I don't see the 150 as an option to record from. It's the same USB cable I use to record from my HD500x, but for giggles, I tried another cable. Still nothing.

I updated the Monkey app, and it doesn't see the Amplifi either.  What am I missing? 

John

I am pretty sure you need to be running OS X 10.7 or later - the earlier OS X versions probably don't support AMPLIFi as a USB audio device. This is pretty common with a lot of devices and software now since Apple changed quite a few things as of OS X 10.7.

USB recording on Mac requires 10.7+. The AMPLIFi driver for Mac is class-compliant, meaning it uses the driver that OSX provides. Windows 7/8 users MUST download and install the AMPLIFi driver at www.line6.com/software before connecting via USB, otherwise the non-compatible default Windows driver will attempt to install.

• 5 weeks later...

I connected my AMPLIFI 150 to iMac via USB and have successfully made my recording on Garageband.

It works great on clean sound but the recorded distortion sound quality deviated a lot from what i have set in AMPLIFI. The recorded sound is very compressed, too much distortion and with no dynamic at all...

Do I need some special setup for distortion recording or something I just missing?

Thanks in advance...  :)

I found the output tone is much natural while I use Garageband as guitar Amp, i.e. Use selected Amp & Effect in GB but I have to ignore "My Tone" which saved in AMPLIFI when recording.

Should this be the case as I'm newbie to recording...

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

I had this problem aswell, downloaded everything, followed the instructions in utility. 

didnt work, so i downloaded the driver manually, didnt work either.

But i solved it by downloading the 150w driver instead (even though i have the 75w) and now it works perfectly fine... very, very strange

but try this if anyone still having problems, cheers!

I had this problem aswell, downloaded everything, followed the instructions in utility. 

didnt work, so i downloaded the driver manually, didnt work either.

But i solved it by downloading the 150w driver instead (even though i have the 75w) and now it works perfectly fine... very, very strange

but try this if anyone still having problems, cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Successfully recorded with:

Mac mini with Yosemite 10.10.2

Aggregate device driver = Presonus RM16AI + AMPLIFi 150

Logic Pro X

Guitar into AMPLIFi direct out USB to Mac Mini (aggregate device channels 53/54)

Monitoring via Presonus RM16AI

Due to the aggregate device driver the system has 5 ms delay (round trip) but it is very usable/playable/trackable.

CSC

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, has anybody solved the USB recording not working on a MAC, after doing the update and factory reset (Volume+Tone+On)?

After connecting:

Nothing in the  "Line 6 Audio and Midi devices" (My little GX shows up in one second!!!)

Nothing in the Logic Audio preferences indicating an USB Core Audio Device is present...

Done the update twice using Ipad and the bluetooth connection...

Any hint?

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I'm using a 2012 Macbook Pro.  My device reads the Amplifi 150, but when I choose as the interface with LogicPro X, all I get is massive feedback.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I'm a home recording newbie, so this is killing me-especially because the amp package in Logic Pro X is pure $#!T.

I also have a killer ribbon mic/SM57 setup...just can't get levels right.  I'm really, really new at this, LOL.  

• 4 months later...

Dont know if this helps but I had a similar issue yesterday that got resolved.

Issue was - performed the firmware update on Amplifi 150 successfully (although did NOT perform factory reset). Connected USB cable to PC (Windows 7) and tried to hook into Ableton Live 9 Lite. No cigar! Ableton did not see Amplifi - it did however still see my GX and HD 500.

I noted that when I connected Amplifi to the PC I did see a driver successfully install - I suspect this was a generic USB driver installation.That is what had me scratching my head. Contacted Line 6 support and they stated I needed to download the Amplifi driver at ... http://line6.com/software/

Choose Amplifi 150 as the Product, Drivers as the software you want to pull and your OS. Execute the download..... 

I went back into Ableton and result! It saw Amplfi!

Configure the input and output and off you go! Works sweet as a nut.

Hope this helps.

VBR

Peter

It Works..... even at my Windows Vista.... Great one

• 2 weeks later...

Quote from Line 6: "The AMPLIFi driver for Mac is class-compliant, meaning it uses the driver that OSX provides.

'

Prior post reports a quality outcome only after downloading driver for the 150w even though he is using a 75. So does this means the OS X driver works for the Amplifi 150w much better than the 75 ?