Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How can I import GX, HD 500 presets into Amplifi?

P_J_Doyle

I'm seeking any help and advice on what may seem to be something of a daft lad question but.....  is there a utility that can be used to take legacy presets (I possess a GX and HD 500) convert them into an Amplifi compatible format, and then get them into Amplifi?

It does seem that with different Line 6 models (in this case GX and HD 500) the presets are stored in different formats, so (slightly risky maybe) but I'll assume the same is the case for Amplifi. Is this true?

That being the case then seemingly two hurdles need to be overcome i.e.

a. Is there a means of converting GX and/or HD 500 presets into a format that Amplifi can recognise? and

b. How would one get the resulting Amplifi format compatible tone into the Amplifi Remote app, the "Cloud", and the Amplifi tool itself?

Would really love to hear your thoughts on this as manually having to create them all from scratch within the Amplfi App is a hugely unappetising.and unappealing future endeavour (a job for life!)

Many thanks and regards

Peter

Many thanks for your timely reply; good answer (though not the one I was hoping for :-)). Looks like its long stormy nights indoors then :-)

One final query on this then. I have an HD 500 preset that I'd like to try to mimic in Amplifi. However, it uses an analogue delay (time 20 ms, mix at 30%) followed by an analog delay with modulation (time 1/4 note synchronised, feedback at 25%).

The Amplifi interface only seems to allow one Delay followed by a "Mod" (or vice versa). Can I have two delays (as above) or am I constrained to just one? No way of shoehorning an analog delay with modulation into the "Mod" devices?

Once again many thanks for your guidance.

VBR

Peter

A cool feature of the AMPLIFi is there are 3 flexible effect blocks.

So if you wanted, you could have 3 delays in a row.

Hopefully you find some new tones while trying to mimic you patches!!

Yes, you can use more than one dirt at a time. There are "wild card" three effects blocks in each tone that can be changed to whatever type of effect you want in the Drive and Dynamics, Mods, Delays, and Filters, Synths, and Pitch categories. When you click on an effect block, you click on the little icon to the left of the effect name, and that takes back to a menu that lets you change the effect. Above that menu, you'll see the word "Type". If you click on that, it brings up the four different categories. So you can put whatever type of effect you want any of the three slots.