Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

XD-V70 & 75 Antenna Cables

There could be if they get close to each other.  There will be crosstalk.  It's always a matter of degree.  Everything that you do that is less than optimum will reduce your range.  But your range is usually well better than required so you may not notice any issues.  OTOH I always do everything I can to minimize problems because you never can tell the situation might change.

So to interconnect receivers using the antenna in/outs I would strongly recommend the use of LMR-195.  You could get away with using RG58 to run paddles back to the receivers provided the cables weren't run together (as in if they were coming from opposite directions).

• 3 weeks later...

Need some advice: I am installing a XD v75 mic system (handheld) for a skating rink in a park.

The receiver of course will be mounted indoors, the maximum distance that the mic may be away from the receiver is around 300 feet for announcements on the ice, but also will be a lot closer at times near the building parking lot.

I am planning on mounting 2 of the 6P180v2 antennas on top of the building. I am thinking the omni pattern for the antenna, in case the mic gets used in the summer somewhere else nearby in the park.

1. Would you recommend, only mounting 1 antenna on top of the building and extending 1 cable about 100 feet to a pole close by the ice surface to help reception when the mic is used on the ice surface?

2. If so, what cable would you recommend to  use for the 100 foot cable extension.

Thank you

It's difficult to make exact suggestions without a site visit but I can pass a few suggestions that should apply.

Our antennas work well in the horizontal plane but are essentially dead on the top and the bottom (think doughnut).  So you don't want to set them too high.  Using the P180 units ... they could be focused down to the area of interest.  There are also excellent antennas available from RF venue http://www.rfvenue.com/rf-venue-24-ghz-microphone-helical-antenna.  This helical antenna can be focused for a longer distance and mounted nearer the receiver.

As far as cable, 100 feet is the theoretical max forth smaller LMR-195 cable.  But in never like to run at the max.  I would recommend using LMR-400 for that length run.  

Check the antenna white paper in our knowledge base for more ideas.

• 1 month later...

You will need to calculate to ensure you have no loss in the antenna cable. So add the gain of the antenna and subtract the loss of the cable. You will have to check the specs of the antenna cable for loss per foot/meter.

Alternately you could use an inline amplifier to make up for loss.