Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hello, 

I was recently given an amazing Amplifi 150 for X-Mas along with an Alesis SR18 drum machine. My question is connecting the two in order to use the backing drum tracks while playing through the amp. I love all the features of the Amplifi but I'm at a loss as to the options I have for connectivity. The Alesis has an instrument input and multiple outputs, however If i run my guitar to the drum machine then into the Amplifi, when changing to channels clean/distortion etc.... won't the drums also be affected? if its any help I've also got the FBV Shortboard MKII to go with the amp. any help would be very much appreciated. thanks for your time.  

Hey Boadey, congrats on your Xmas gift!

In regards to your drum machine: The Alesis SR18 has an output labeled "Aux L/R". This out will give you a full stereo output of your drum machine. Get a 1/4 to 3.5mm cable and run that output in the the back on Amplifis AUX input. The Auxiliary input is a line in and not ran through any effects.
Plug your guitar in the normal guitar input.

The FBV is a great addition. Make sure to update to the latest Firmware. The FBV will give you complete control of individual effects, and the ability to switch between the 100 on board presets. The new firmware also supports recording into any DAW via AMPLIFi's USB out.

Merry Christmas!

Hey Boadey, congrats on your Xmas gift!

In regards to your drum machine: The Alesis SR18 has an output labeled "Aux L/R". This out will give you a full stereo output of your drum machine. Get a 1/4 to 3.5mm cable and run that output in the the back on Amplifis AUX input. The Auxiliary input is a line in and not ran through any effects.

Plug your guitar in the normal guitar input.

The FBV is a great addition. Make sure to update to the latest Firmware. The FBV will give you complete control of individual effects, and the ability to switch between the 100 on board presets. The new firmware also supports recording into any DAW via AMPLIFi's USB out.

Merry Christmas!

Thank you so much for your detailed response!! this was exactly the info I needed. Now once I get the hang of my SR18 I'll be in business. I'm truly amazed at the level of info avail. on this forum and friendly support Thanks again Nickbell.....time to start studying the Alesis Manual. Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year, to you and all the staff at Line 6....... by far the best support Ive yet to receive on purchased gear!!! 

• 1 year later...

the aux out on the sr18 suck, here is why:

to use any drum kits patterns or sound you have to assign them to aux or main each damn drum pad. the aux doesnt automaticly echo the main outputs. if you want to us both aux and main your sol

luckily though, you can get a stereo y cable and plug into the phones and it does duplicate the main outs and you can use both. so you can have left and right main go to pa and phones left go to 1 track and phones right 2 go direct to recorder