Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FBV express mkii not working

dxn_721

hi, my fbv express stopped working after i updated the software on monkey. at first it started slashing when i plugged it into the amp and it made a loud noise, now it wont turn on at all when plugged into either the amp or my computer. can any one help?

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately, this is a problem that has happened before with some people.  I hope your Express is under warranty, because it will have to be replaced.

it is under warrenty as i have just recived it for christmas, do i send it back to line 6 or do i send it back to the shop it was bought from?

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem, but no longer under warranty... I took it to the service centre, the told me the entire board should be replace, but the cost is higher than a new pedal,

why should I  buy a new one? Is it no posible to get a reparation a razonable cost?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

First thing to do is check with another CAT5 cable.  You can also look at the pins of the connectors - both on the cable, and in the pedal and amp jacks.  Have you tried hooking the pedal up to you computer with a USB cable?  If it works that way, then the CAT5 is to blame, if not then there could be something wrong with the pedal itself.  If its under warranty, you can have it replaced, but otherwise it would be cheaper to buy a used one than to try to get it repaired.

• 4 years later...

I have a similar problem. If plugged into the amp, I do see the tuner led's flash dimly. but if I plug in the USB cable with or without the cat 5, I get nothing. Am I pretty much dead as well? BTW, this happened after an update with monkey as well.

• 2 years later...