Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What have you done to me line 6 ? WHY ... ARE YOU STUPID !

In 1989-1992  i worked hard to do great musical composition with : tascam 644, Atari 1040 ste, Korg M1, Ibanez Blazer 470, DSP256 ect ... & i stop everything in 1992 !
I still have all of my compositions in a box : K7 (audio) + floppy disk (midi)

In 2014 i decide to recover everything that i have done in this time.
But i needed new equipment.. so this summer i started the second phase of my project & this 22 years after.

Variax was a great tool to creativity. So i ordered a jtv89f 5 weeks ago !

After 5 weeks of waiting, I just received the line 6 variax jtv89f red blood...  One hour before i received a call from my music store telling me that the variax was arrived.

After 5 weeks I was excited !
November 20, I had asked my music store to order a brand new variax guitar directly from line 6... ( 5 WEEKS of WAITING ) ...

I repeat : I had asked my music store to order a brand new variax guitar directly from line 6

Arrived at the music store, the salesman will look for the variax to me..
The variax is in its box, he asked me if i want to see the guitar, i said : OH YEAH !
The box is well sealed with the line 6 tapes.

But inside the finding is terrifying : the flexibe black case is terribly dirty (A LOT) ( now i know it's not a brand new one) THE CASE HAS NO line 6 LOGO ...
I open the case : the guitar is heavily dirty with dirt & with hands & finger marks... 

***I WAS BERSERK***I got screwed by line 6 !

The salesman asked to call the responsible salesman of the sale : & he saw the variax as we saw it ,and asked to refund me right away !

The music store is not responsible of this mess ... YOU line 6 you have made me lose five weeks and now it's the Christmas holidays and I have nothing for my musical work !

How dare you do this to me ?
Do you now what 5 WEEKS IS + NOTHING FOR THE NEXT WEEKS BECAUSE I HAVE TO SHOP AGAIN

Are you stupid or you think am I ?

Why James Tyler has give his name to the dirty line 6 lollipop !

Believe me line 6, i will find james tyler on youtube or everywhere on the net to tell him my story : ENOUGH IT'S ENOUGH
this post will be everywhere on youtube video on the comment section.

... ARE YOU RACIST !

The salesman at the music store have try to fix the problem by offering me another Variax jtv69 (a used one) AT A GOOD PRICE... but I still repeat it again: I WANT A BRAND NEW ONE & NOT THIS 69  !

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

sorry for your hassles but I have my doubts the factory sent this out... there are middle men along the way you know.  There don't seem to be any of the big name retailers in your area that go direct from the factory.  I have no idea what actual music store you used but they most likely ordered it from a supplier, not the factory direct... 

Wow, not a happy camper. Seems like you should be directing your angst at the person who sold you the guitar, which in this instance, is probably *not* Line6. A good option for you: Buy Your Gear Online with Sweetwater. You can't go wrong with them. 

There is also a $150 rebate going on for a couple more days, might end up saving you some $$ in the end:

It's Arriving Soon!

We've confirmed with Line 6 that more of this item should arrive within a few weeks. Place your pre-order now to reserve yours, and your order will ship in the order it was received.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JTV89FBR

Line 6 JTV-89F w/Floyd Rose - Blood Red

James Tyler-designed Modeling Electric Guitar with Maple Neck, Mahogany Body, 2 Humbuckers, Switchable Models and Tunings, Tremolo, and Gig Bag - Blood Red

$1,049.99
(After Mail-in Rebate)

So Line 6 will now be selling their technology exclusively to Shuriken.  

I have been wanting one and was ready to order a JTV but now don't know whether to wait.   Not sure what Shurikan has in mind in the way of guitar designs.  I do know they will cost more.   Also want to know if there be firmware upgrades to the new guitars?

On the fence on whether to find a JTV or wait.

Don't blame Line 6 my friend. Say what you will about Line 6, I have NEVER EVER heard of them doing what you're accusing them of doing. I'm assuming you're in a different country so I'm guessing it was one of the middle men that did it. Maybe even your dealer. How much do you trust them? Bottom lin is you did get screwed but I can assure you and I am POSITIVE it was NOT LINE 6 that did it.

• Upvote 2

So Line 6 will now be selling their technology exclusively to Shuriken.  

I have been wanting one and was ready to order a JTV but now don't know whether to wait.   Not sure what Shurikan has in mind in the way of guitar designs.  I do know they will cost more.   Also want to know if there be firmware upgrades to the new guitars?

On the fence on whether to find a JTV or wait.

I believe this means that these guys are the only non Line 6 folks that will be getting the Variax guts to put in a commercial guitar product.  They will be made to order, totally custom built for you, not  widely available.  Price is estimated to be $3000 - $4000, comparable to a US made JTV.  As far as firmware, well it should be the same as a L6 JTV since its the same guts.

Unless you really want to spend the dough go get a regular JTV and have fun.  If you do pull the trigger for a Shuriken, you better post pics!

The Shuriken stuff sounds cool but the price is way, way, way too high. They better not stop making JTVs or else I'm going to have to get one used. I did see the Korean factory where the JTVs are made in a Rob Chapman video where he's working on his guitars in the studio, so I assume the JTVs are still in production.

In 1989-1992  i worked hard to do great musical composition with : tascam 644, Atari 1040 ste, Korg M1, Ibanez Blazer 470, DSP256 ect ... & i stop everything in 1992 !
I still have all of my compositions in a box : K7 (audio) + floppy disk (midi)

In 2014 i decide to recover everything that i have done in this time.
But i needed new equipment.. so this summer i started the second phase of my project & this 22 years after.

Variax was a great tool to creativity. So i ordered a jtv89f 5 weeks ago !

After 5 weeks of waiting, I just received the line 6 variax jtv89f red blood...  One hour before i received a call from my music store telling me that the variax was arrived.

After 5 weeks I was excited !
November 20, I had asked my music store to order a brand new variax guitar directly from line 6... ( 5 WEEKS of WAITING ) ...

I repeat : I had asked my music store to order a brand new variax guitar directly from line 6

Arrived at the music store, the salesman will look for the variax to me..
The variax is in its box, he asked me if i want to see the guitar, i said : OH YEAH !
The box is well sealed with the line 6 tapes.

But inside the finding is terrifying : the flexibe black case is terribly dirty (A LOT) ( now i know it's not a brand new one) THE CASE HAS NO line 6 LOGO ...
I open the case : the guitar is heavily dirty with dirt & with hands & finger marks... 

***I WAS BERSERK***I got screwed by line 6 !

The salesman asked to call the responsible salesman of the sale : & he saw the variax as we saw it ,and asked to refund me right away !

The music store is not responsible of this mess ... YOU line 6 you have made me lose five weeks and now it's the Christmas holidays and I have nothing for my musical work !

How dare you do this to me ?
Do you now what 5 WEEKS IS + NOTHING FOR THE NEXT WEEKS BECAUSE I HAVE TO SHOP AGAIN

Are you stupid or you think am I ?

Why James Tyler has give his name to the dirty line 6 lollipop !

Believe me line 6, i will find james tyler on youtube or everywhere on the net to tell him my story : ENOUGH IT'S ENOUGH
this post will be everywhere on youtube video on the comment section.

... ARE YOU RACIST !

The salesman at the music store have try to fix the problem by offering me another Variax jtv69 (a used one) AT A GOOD PRICE... but I still repeat it again: I WANT A BRAND NEW ONE & NOT THIS 69  !

Hello, Mr. Limoges. I'm sorry to see this be your experience. Our products leave the factory in brand new condition. They then go to regional international distributors, who also distribute products from other companies, then finally, retail stores. In this case, the retailer you bought it from needs to resolve the situation. With you being in Canada, it is best that you contact our Canadian distributor if the retailer does not resolve the issue to your satisfaction: 

Yorkville Sound

550 Granite Court

Pickering, ON L1W 3Y8

Tel: 905-837-8550

Fax: 905-839-5776

Web: www.yorkville.com

• 1 month later...

sorry for your hassles but I have my doubts the factory sent this out... there are middle men along the way you know.  There don't seem to be any of the big name retailers in your area that go direct from the factory.  I have no idea what actual music store you used but they most likely ordered it from a supplier, not the factory direct... 

This.  Especially if you are not in the US, then likely customs inspectors had their way with this guitar.  Being in the military, I have had plenty of things "appropriated" from me by customs inspectors, notably the Turkish.  I once opened my $900 Yamaha stereo receiver box to find a chunk of concrete holding it down -- my receiver was long gone.

I feel for your situation, but being childinsh in a support forum will not help you either.

My favorite part of this thread is the fact that it's still got traction, but for the life of me I can't figure out why. The OP blurted out a largely incoherent rant about his substandard product somehow being the culmination of an elaborate, racism-based plot to sell him a crappy guitar. Hollywood struggles to come up with stuff this good...Then he vanished, and hasn't been back since Christmas day, yet it's still being discussed, :lol: .

• Upvote 2

My favorite part of this thread is the fact that it's still got traction, but for the life of me I can't figure out why. The OP blurted out a largely incoherent rant about his substandard product somehow being the culmination of an elaborate, racism-based plot to sell him a crappy guitar. Hollywood struggles to come up with stuff this good...Then he vanished, and hasn't been back since Christmas day, yet it's still being discussed, :lol: .

I'm waiting for him to come back for Round 2!

• Upvote 1

They changed the cinnamon rolls at Disneyland in Anaheim and my youngest son was very disappointed recently but we took a couple pics of him with the new cinnamon rolls and had a laugh and went on with our lives.

I have written a few tunes in my time and recorded tons of commercials and made a couple of independently produced albums as well.I used no fewer than 7 electric guitars/two electric mandolins a Line 6 M13 that had a couple problems during the recording and several tube amps most of which worked well for the sessions.

Never ever roll all your eggs into one basket with music.

One guitar even the Variax cannot be relied upon to deliver everything you want especially recording.Something always screws up.

Have three guitars and three amps and a bunch of effects ready to go at all times to insure composing recording success.

I have learned all this the hard way.