Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Controlling TT via pc?

Rockinguy

Am I understanding this right? I need to have a "smartphone" to control the Amplifi TT? There's no "app" to control it for mac or pc? If it's hooked up via USB to record you need to have a phone to remotely control it? There's nothing like Gearbox or Podfarm? It's a tabletop unit controlled by a phone app.

you're correct... at this point in time.

(no idea about the future....)

Am I understanding this right? I need to have a "smartphone" to control the Amplifi TT? There's no "app" to control it for mac or pc? If it's hooked up via USB to record you need to have a phone to remotely control it? There's nothing like Gearbox or Podfarm? It's a tabletop unit controlled by a phone app.

• 1 month later...

I can see how this might seem weird or be a problem.  But to be clear, the tablet or phone via the app is NOT a required item once you've saved your perfect tones to the hardware.  The app DOES NOT need to be connected at all times.  In fact, I often use my TT without the tablet even powered on.  In this case, I do not have "control" over the presets features, but so long as I stick to one of the four tones preset into Bank 1, I don't need the app connected.  See the post I just submitted titled, "Can the AMPLIFi FX100 or Table Top be used for Live Performance?  If so, which is better?"  I explain how you can expand this "no-app" ability with the TT in more detail.

When I use the recording feature, I'm also using a tone that's preset and saved.  I may actually have the app connected to the TT, but I'm not even paying any attention to it.  At that point I'm focused on the guitar, my crappy playing and the DAW on my laptop.

So, maybe you're over thinking things a bit.  To be clear, one you've found that perfect tone for your song and you've saved it, you're all done, the TT (or FX100) now becomes a hardware based tone generator like anything else on the market (POD HD500, Boss GT-001...).  The app is only needed to create and tweak the tones and to change the Banks beyond Bank 1 on the TT (the FX100 can do this without the need for the app connection).

Hope this helps.

I can see how this might seem weird or be a problem.  But to be clear, the tablet or phone via the app is NOT a required item once you've saved your perfect tones to the hardware.  The app DOES NOT need to be connected at all times.  In fact, I often use my TT without the tablet even powered on.  In this case, I do not have "control" over the presets features, but so long as I stick to one of the four tones preset into Bank 1, I don't need the app connected.  See the post I just submitted titled, "Can the AMPLIFi FX100 or Table Top be used for Live Performance?  If so, which is better?"  I explain how you can expand this "no-app" ability with the TT in more detail.

When I use the recording feature, I'm also using a tone that's preset and saved.  I may actually have the app connected to the TT, but I'm not even paying any attention to it.  At that point I'm focused on the guitar, my crappy playing and the DAW on my laptop.

So, maybe you're over thinking things a bit.  To be clear, one you've found that perfect tone for your song and you've saved it, you're all done, the TT (or FX100) now becomes a hardware based tone generator like anything else on the market (POD HD500, Boss GT-001...).  The app is only needed to create and tweak the tones and to change the Banks beyond Bank 1 on the TT (the FX100 can do this without the need for the app connection).

Hope this helps.

O.k. I  might be over thinking it a bit.... but, how do I set the tone I want if the app never worked??

Well if the app doesn't work, you are absolutely right.  That's a real problem.

I just re-read your post, "connects with my phone, but the app losses data connection continuously and I cannot use it...."

When I had the FX100, it was not particularly stable with the app.  The TT has been much, much better with only occasional connection problems.  This is a huge frustration.  But it sounds like in your case its totally unusable, not just unstable.

There have been several posts on this type of connection problem and Triryche has been very helpful here.  I would try this first:

1. uninstall the app

2. remove the Bluetooth connection from your phone (unpair it and restart your phone)

3. do a reset on the TT (turn it off, then power it on while holding down the Tone button and the Volume button at the same time.  Do this until you see the red volume lights come on).

4. reinstall the app on your phone

5. Try to reconnect the Bluetooth between the phone and the TT.

I hope this works. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I know this article is not very new, but i was just looking for some workarounds. Maybe this helps:

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/how-to-run-android-apps-on-any-laptop-or-desktop-1291423

Run the App with the Desktop Android Runtime...didn't try this yet but if someone is interested, i can post back some infos after trying.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got to say... not having a software that can control it with the pc/mac, and of course play along with the music you have there, just like it was with gearbox etc... it seems plain stupid to me. Play along tools like half speed, loop a portion of the track, built-in metronome and some other stuff that are crucial to my exercise routine are the reason why I'm staying with my podXT.

The phone is a Zopo C2, running on Android 4.2.1.

I have flashed the firmware a few times. Turning the Amplifi with Tune and Tap pressed, and then resetting with Tune and Volume knob after finishing.

Maybe it's because you have an old Android version. Try to update to Lollipop.

How is Bluetooth of your phone working with other Bluetooth devices?

Oh and try to lend someone else's Android phone and pair with the AmpliFi. If this still isn't working, maybe your AmpliFi needs some repair...

You might get a new one..

Pod Farm are just amp sims like AmpliTube. You don't need an AmpliFi product for it, only a guitar interface (the simplest being a jack-to-USB cable) a computer (MAC/Windows unfortunately they don't work with Linux :( ), the software and of course your guitar.

I see it's downloadable for free. I guess you get a few effects then, when you need more you need to buy the whole software (or maybe you could buy only the effects like in AmpliTube Custom Shop, but I don't have POD Farm so far so good)..

• 5 years later...

You can use Amlifi Remote app on your PC. Your must add ARC plugin on your Chrome from this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/arc-welder/emfinbmielocnlhgmfkkmkngdoccbadn/related

Then, you must download the Apmlifi APK from here: https://apkpure.com/amplifi-remote/com.line6.amplifi/download?from=details

Last, select your folder to create for Amplifi files then choose .apk file. You can test this after all done. 

• 5 months later...
On 6/30/2021 at 8:57 AM, srdnckaya said:

You can use Amlifi Remote app on your PC. Your must add ARC plugin on your Chrome from this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/arc-welder/emfinbmielocnlhgmfkkmkngdoccbadn/related

Then, you must download the Apmlifi APK from here: https://apkpure.com/amplifi-remote/com.line6.amplifi/download?from=details

Last, select your folder to create for Amplifi files then choose .apk file. You can test this after all done. 

Dose it still have to use BT or dose it work though USB???

I don't have an Amplifi unit but saw one at GC and was contemplating getting it but after looking around at the connectivity issues it sounds like a waste of money... But I see what the other guy was saying abut using it un-connected but if you don't have the FBV or the FX100 your kind of stuck right!? and I guess if you want to play music from your phone you can use an aux cable to the aux input or even an aftermarket BT to aux dongle ... right???

sadly though it could have been a graet replacement for my Fender G-DEC...

If only they made a PC/Mac app that used the USB connection or a way to use a USB WIFI dongle like with the M20D... (seems simple enough)...

Would be nice if they made the code for it open source for the community to try and resolve since they no longer care about the folks that paid a very high price for these Amplifi units