Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

usb crackling daw

MIKEY9966

I waited until line 6 had android and a usb interface so now they do and I bought one 1 week ago . Amp works fine I downloaded every thing but when I hook up to daw a crackling come out of monitors and recordings, this totally sucks, my pod 500 , zoom g 5  , fast track 600 ect every thing else works fine   ,,   the amplfi usb inter face dose not work as it was intended to,,, so   if someone can help  thank you if not I will be returning it   

Just for clarification you have downloaded and installed the driver adds recording?

Yes every thing is downloaded and works fine ,when I record there is crakiling when I play through my monitors there is crakiling, this is not the way its sopose to work, all my other gear works fine I am thinking of bringing it back

Also, not all Android systems are supported. Make sure you using a supported device:

http://line6.com/amplifi/specs/

My android works fine , with the USB into computer to record with my daw and play out of my monitors there is cracking I have tried every thing! This was the main reason I bought it I waited until there was android and a interface, it seem line 6 rushed again and released the 2.1 update with out testing it or they knew about it and released it anyway, I bought the amplfi 150 and Mk2 , so I will bring it back if I can't resolve this isuse

Nothing works I have exstued all opions , I will try a new post,

What I am trying to do is run

Amplfi USB into computer

Mix craft daw

Fast track c 600 interface

To spider jam amp back in amplfi 1\8 in

This way I will have a looper , drums , jam tracks and a bigger sound,

The amp sounds good but the dam cracking makes it imposible to use for making or recordings or jaming

Love the sound I get for the amp and not having the nest of wires. To bad but I will have to bring it back

MIKEY i have the same problem with Audacity and Amplifi FX100, i try to change the cables, guitars, etc. It's a cracking noise. I also have a POD HD500, and i had a Zoom G3 and Digitech RP i have no problem recording with my computer. I think it's a problem with the update they should repair.

I believe that Audacity by default uses a driver called ASIO4ALL. Check to see if that's what you are using. If so, that could be the cause of your problem. ASIO4ALL is a non-compliant ASIO driver and is known to cause problems with audio devices that require a compliant driver, such as Line 6 products. You should use the Line 6 driver that is provided for AMPLIFi if you are not already doing so.

Even if you already have the Line 6 driver installed you may still need to configure Audacity to use it.

Unless it has changed, Audacity does not support ASIO with a regular install due to Steinburg licensing, however, you can compile Audacity to support ASIO.

You can look this up on Audacity's website.

MIKEY9966,

I suspect there is a USB conflict between the AMPLIFi and the Fast Track.

Per ASIO protocols, the Input and Output needs to be the same device, with the exception an aggregated device, which you can do on a Mac.

Unless it has changed, Audacity does not support ASIO with a regular install due to Steinburg licensing, however, you can compile Audacity to support ASIO.

You can look this up on Audacity's website.

MIKEY9966,

I suspect there is a USB conflict between the AMPLIFi and the Fast Track.

Per ASIO protocols, the Input and Output needs to be the same device, with the exception an aggregated device, which you can do on a Mac.

y

Yes you are right the problem is with the fast track , unfortunately for me I was doing all kinds of fixes to my computer, and really did a number on it, computer is in the shop , so I will report back when I get it back,,,

What I really want to do is hook the amplfi to computer, then into fast track, out into a spider jam amp,witch has a looper and will give me a stereo sound I don't think I can do this,

I can't believe line 6 didn't put a out on this great amp

• 2 months later...

+1.  I've posted on this before.  Unusable USB digital input via ASIO from Amplifi75. Windows 8.1, Reaper as the DAW, powerful PC.

USB drive installed, lots of other devices work just fine using their USB drivers incl Zoom G3, Zoom H4N, Novation Xio, ASIO4ALL.  And they all worked fine out of the box.  Line 6 driver is really poor!