Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flextone iii xl not working after flash update on monkey

I need help!

I downloaded the line 6 monkey and decided to update the flash on my flextone III XL. After it was done, it told me to restart my amp and when I did, it stopped working. All I have on are my 4 ABCD lights, my gate light and comp. The Tap Tempo light blinks. I have no lights for my models whatsoever. No sound comes out and nothing happens when I click on channel a through d.

I've tried the a and d reset and also the safe mode and nothing happens. Monkey says that my flash memory is unknown. I'm using the e-mu midi 1X1 tab usb cable.

Any help would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey ,  I switch from the emu midi tab1x1  to the m-audio midisport and my amp is working great now.  I put the amp in safe mode by holding down channel A on power up and flashed the update and everything is working better than ever. Oh and I also unplugged all other usb devices, not sure if that was necessary its just what I did. The cable is $35 on amazon.  Hope this helps good luck.

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Midisport-Uno-MIDI-Interface/dp/B00007JRBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427211992&sr=8-1&keywords=m+audio+midisport

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just changed midi cables. I used Turtle Beach midi cable and I fixed my amp by using the channel A bypass. Thank you sonicreducer79 for the advice. It's insulting that nobody from Line 6 suggested this in the first place. It's an easy fix but instead of suggesting this, they wanted me to send my amp to a shop that is over 4 hours away. All it needed was another brand of midi cables.

My amp works fine now and if anyone else has this problem, just change your midi cables. Ask your friends to borrow some!

I can now play again.